Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does steroids cause diabetes??

Strong_Man20

ok guys,

I went to my docter today as most of you know, and begged her to perscribe me some clomid she told me that you dont need it and ill be fine. She actually didnt know why I would want to use clomid which was a suprise. Anyway I told her I wanted to go back on soon and she gave me the usual lecture, but she mentioned something that disturbed me! she said that taking anabolic steroids can cause you to become diabetic...I asked why and she came out with some bull that I didnt really understand.... would like to hear your thoughts from you knowledgable guys

thanks

Excessive or extended usage of Growth hormone, Insulin, Thyroid hormones(T3-T4) or Adrenaline can cause Diabetes

yep weam,

thats what I thought, but she said AS does!!
I dont know where she got this info from...next time I go there ill ask her again and tell you exactly what she said.

That's right, but not all Steroids
as an example something like Testosterone works for Diabetes as it increase Glucose tolerance and enhance Insulin sensitivity
One study showed that the injectable anabolic steroid nandrolone decanoate (Deca Durabolin) improved glucose disposal and lowered insulin levels when administered at 300 mg per week Which would help Diabetes patients Friedl, KE, et al. The administration of pharmacological doses of testosterone or 19-nortestosterone to normal men is not associated with increased insulin secretion or impaired glucose tolerance. J Clin Endocrinol Metab (1989) May 68(5):971-975.
While this injectable beta esterified anabolic steroid may have a beneficial effect on insulin sensitivity another study found that it appears to enhance non insulin-mediated glucose disposal.Which is no good for Diabetes patientsHobbs, CJ, et al. Nandrolone, a 19-nortestosterone, enhances insulin-independent glucose uptake in normal men. [see comments] J Clin Endocrinol Metab (1996) 81(4):1582-1585.
This study and other studies as well state that oral 17-alpha alkylated anabolic steroids, such as oxymetholone (Anadrol-50), oxandrolone (Oxandrin) and stanozolol (Winstrol) promote insulin resistance because of their effect on liver metabolism.Which might cause Diabetes after a prolonged usage Woodard, TL, et al. Glucose intolerance and insulin resistance in aplastic anemia treated with oxymetholone. J Clin Endocrinol Metab (1981) 53(5):905-908

Last edited:
I got it from various web-sites being collecting it from 3or more, but for keeping sure that what I'm saying is right, you have the medical reference which proves that all I said is absolutely right

Top Bottom