Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does the BF device really work?

TRAPezoid

Beasts...

They have that little device that measures BF at our gym. Since BF is all you dieting freaks talk about, I decided to do it today before my workout. It said that I had 7.4 % BF. The guy said he thought the machine was a little low and I was probably around 8 %. From what I have read that is a pretty good percentage. Is that device an accurate way to gauge one's own BF?

(I posted this thread in the weight training forum but I meant to post it here, I just couldn't figure out how to erase the other one.)

personally i dont think they r 2 reliable, plus the guy using it can be a major source of error, that said, your prob within +- 1.5 of whatever it says, so maybe a good idea at least

Thanks X-Con

I always see the bros trying to get to 10%, even if that thing was off.... I am already there.

Time for some cake....

No the electronic thingy, I heard the caliper is the worst way, digital 2nd best, and hydrostatic is the best way....

our trainer told us there's a 3% margin in either direction. The best scales to use are the ones you stand on which are calibrated for athletes. You have to be sure that on the box it says that. Also, for a really good scale you'll spend about 100$.

Top Bottom