Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does anyone think that eating too "healthy", is actually unhealthy?

serbyte

I have been on a diet for the past 2 years, always watching everything i ate to fit into the diet i was on. In these two years, I dont think that i have gotten much better results than if I simply kept from eating complete junk. I know many people, who eat whatever they want and they get fuking big eating 150 grams of protein and only about 3 meals a day, no post workout shake, and most of their calories from fat and carbs.

I have just seen many problems with eating high protien, and low fat or carbs. Does anyone feel the same as i do. I have been reading manythings about diet high in protien, and how they are bad because they almost always lack fat and carbs, which leads to many physical problems.

I am strict as hell with every diet that i am on, and the only thing that i think that i have achieved with this, is to slow my metabolism, into no longer being able to eat junk food without gaining a rediculous ammount of fat.

"I have just seen many problems with eating high protien, and low fat or carbs."

I thought you needed a good intake of carbs and protien to see size gains. And some fat is important.IMO.

serbstyle1 said:
the only thing that i think that i have achieved with this, is to slow my metabolism, into no longer being able to eat junk food without gaining a rediculous ammount of fat.

I'm 100% witrh ya bro. Wonder myself ALL the time!!!! :(

Re: Re: Does anyone think that eating too "healthy", is actually unhealthy?

drveejay11 said:

I'm 100% witrh ya bro. Wonder myself ALL the time!!!! :(

i though i was alone, seriously

Good post man. I wonder alot myself if going balls the wall strict high protien diet is the way to go. Sometimes I just want to revert to a more rounded, normal diet.. junkfood free of course.

Watching your diet too close it totally counterproductive to
BB unless you are trying to cut down.

its all in your genes. some people can get away with high-carb diets, while i have to constantly watch carb intake. there is no use in bitching about those who can eat what they want and still stay lean, they have superior metabolisms. you have to find out what works best for you. i have been on a low-fat diet for years and it didn't work, all i got was a constant flow of various injuries and shitty workouts. on an atkins style of diet, i can stay fairly lean, yet eat as much as i like and have great energy for workouts. others react completley different, lose all their stamina without carbs. there is no universal diet, just one that is best for you.

Not sure about it being physically unhealthy, but it's definitely mentally unhealthy for sure!

serbstyle, from reading some of your other posts, it seems that you worry way too much about these things.

i was in the same boat you were in -- i was overweight, busted my ass and got fit, but was underweight and developed an eating disorder. i would meticulously count calories, protein, sodium, etc. i think that was the worst thing i could have done as i stayed at the same weight for an entire year despite training really hard.

once i finally just let go and realized that fat gain was a part of getting bigger and that by adding fat i wasn't taking away from who I was, i started to see great results. now i just try to hit ballpark figures for my caloric intake (which is easy to do with all of the micromanaging i used to do - i can tell you how many calories in an apple, a big chicken breast, etcetera, from the top of my head), make sure i get a little protein at every meal and try to eat as balanced as possible.

i feel better than i ever have, i'm stronger than i've ever been, and even though i've added a little fat, i've more than made up with it in the muscle department.

you might want to get some professional help if it feels like it's all comin down on you, man. nothing is more important than your health, and it's hard to lose sight of that in today's society with its fucked up ideals.

Top Bottom