Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does anyone know the "real" half life of Testosterone Enanthate?

So if one half life is 5 days, one should start post therapy 10 days after last injection ?

It does not seem possible that testosterone blood levels are at their highest 24 hours after cypionate injection as the chart illustrates.

junk said:
So if one half life is 5 days, one should start post therapy 10 days after last injection ?

200mg would look like this

200mg Day 1
100mg Day 5
50mg Day 10
25mg Day 15
12.5mg Day 20
6.25mg Day 25
3.125mg Day 30

a week or so

zziggzzigg said:
It does not seem possible that testosterone blood levels are at their highest 24 hours after cypionate injection as the chart illustrates.

It does seem wierd, but we have all seen that chart.

What that tells me is that there is a certain amount of absorbtion rate that takes place at the site of the injection, as well as the steroid making its way into the blood stream where the ester is removed.

I think that the ester must be removed quite quickly as it is absorbed into the muscle tissue surrounding the injection bolus.

I sure wish someone could explain this in more detail, cuz I have always wondered about that.

Anybody??

1: Int J Androl 1984 Jun;7(3):181-7 Related Articles, Books

Comparative pharmacokinetics of testosterone enanthate and testosterone cyclohexanecarboxylate as assessed by serum and salivary testosterone levels in normal men.

Schurmeyer T, Nieschlag E.

The pharmacokinetics of 2 testosterone esters, testosterone enanthate and testosterone cyclohexanecarboxylate, were compared in a single blind crossover study in healthy young men. Their effects on serum and salivary levels of testosterone, as well as on the serum levels of LH, FSH and prolactin were measured after the injection of doses equivalent to 140 mg free testosterone. Both preparations yielded supraphysiological testosterone levels in serum and saliva as early as 2 h following injection, reaching peak levels 4 to 5 times above basal between 8 and 24 h. LH and FSH levels were suppressed as long as serum testosterone levels were elevated. Nine days after injecting testosterone enanthate and 7 days after giving testosterone cyclohexanecarboxylate, serum and salivary levels of testosterone had returned to basal. The longer activity of testosterone enanthate was also evidenced from more extended suppression of gonadotrophin levels. Although neither preparation is ideal because of the initial supraphysiological peaks, testosterone enanthate appears preferable for clinical use because of its slightly longer duration of action.
--------------------------------------------------
Nine days after injection of Enanthate serum level returned to normal, which gives us 4.5 days of half life.

panerai,

i read that as well. my only thought was 140mg mg of free testosterone will equal more than 140mg of T-Enanthate because of the weight of the ester. my guess would be 150-170mg of TE = 140mg of unesterified Testosterone

in this case what is baseline?

150mg with a 5 day half life would be 75mg and at 9 days would be 37.5 (day 10 actually)

what does this mean?

if basline is 37.5 then TE has a half life of 5 days

just say baseline is 35
35 x 4 = 140mg (4-5 times baseline was shown)
35 x 5 = 175mg (4-5 times baseline was shown)

i am rounding up. i agree with you that the half life is close to 4.5 days.

now 250mg of TE would not get to a baseline of 35-40mg for a while

1: 250mg
5: 175mg
10: 87.5
15: 43.75

Last edited:
Yes...assuming a 5-day half-life

OXANDRIN said:

200mg Day 1
100mg Day 5
50mg Day 10
25mg Day 15
12.5mg Day 20
6.25mg Day 25
3.125mg Day 30

quote: Originally posted by OXANDRIN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

200mg Day 1
100mg Day 5
50mg Day 10
25mg Day 15
12.5mg Day 20
6.25mg Day 25
3.125mg Day 30
===========================================

if it is perfectly linear, the above chart is what the depot in your glute would look like, but does not necessarily show us what blood serum levels would be doing over that time period, as there would be different metabolic action on the testosterone once released from the ester depot in the muscle to the bloodstream, from 5ar reduction to aromatase, to shbg, etc.

If you could somehow stop all metabolism of the drug in the bloodstream (impossible of course), you would then have 196.875 mg testosterone floating around in the blood after 30 days... of course this is not what happens but just illustrates to the extreme what I mean by the metabolism issue that needs to be considered and makes the half-life concept a little more complex.

the concentration of the injection also effects the release of the drug.. higher concentration = slower realease.. low concentration = faster release..

Top Bottom