Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does anyone know of any resorces for a first time physique contest competitor?

gorillahung

There's a small local NPC physique contest next April. I want to enter it. I'd be in the over 40 division. I think I have enough size to step on the stage and at least look like I belong there. I need to lose a bit more fat on my stomach. I've dropped a lot of weight recently and I'm starting to see some striations and vascularity. I just need to know what to expect at the contest and some basic info on contest prep. If you know of a good resource, let me know. Thanks!

I am a competitive person myself and have competed in both endurance and powerlifting in my past.. I started prepping for a contest a few years back ... my advice is I would go to a few of them first. get there early, get a good seat.. watch and get a feel if that is something you want to do.

I did this and realized that i had zero interest in it lol. putting yourself through all that for 25 seconds on stage in a bikini to win a trophy makes absolutely no sense to me at this point of my life. i can understand why guys want to do it though, it is there way at competing and filling in a narcissistic void in their life.

Here is the link to my pre-contest log -> http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...muskate-s-pre-contest-training-log-40720.html

Over 10 pages where I cover my exact diet, training and supplementation leading up to the show.

For a first show, my advice would be to hire a good coach. There is ALOT that goes into competing and a coach really helps with that. There is tanning, shaving, stage presentation, what to bring back stage, how to pump up etc.

I would also watch a show before competing. You will learn a lot simply by just observing. Watching a show makes it clear the competitors who look like they belong on stage and the competitors who don't have any idea what they're doing.

Top Bottom