Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does anyone else honestly not want to be a bodybuilder?

gorillahung

I don't. It's too much of an obsessive compulsive lifestyle. Kudos to those who want and achieve this. I admire the dedication. At 44 years old, I've decided that I just want an above average body. At the moment I think I have one. It's nothing for bodybuilding/physique contest standards but I blow away 99.0% of the population of men in their 40's. To borrow a line from Kevin Spacey in "American Beauty", I just want to look good naked. I'll do a bit of gear but i'm not going to take an absurd dose. 400-500mg of test is all I need on cycle. I don't want to add in GH, insulin (other than the small amount I take for my diabetes) or take any fat burning stimulants. The Bod Pod has me at 12% fat meaning that I have about 20 lbs. of total fat in my body. Most men my age have more than that just in their belly.

most guys who use steroids are just normal gym rat/average joes

it is a myth that most of us are panty wearing bodybuilders who want to show off on stage. in fact I am turned off at the narcissism of it all.. what makes guys want to strip naked in front of strangers in a school auditorium for a trophy is beyond me. same concept as going to mardi gras and flashing strangers for beads. people seeking attention

sorry if that is your thing but it all is silly to me.

bodybuilders also don't make shit. I would rather be a pro athlete in any other sport than bodybuilding. the kids out there who strive to one day be a pro bodybuilder should focus on their education and find another career to chase.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. While I do respect competitors for their dedication and lifestyle, it is not for me.

My goal is to be in good shape, healthy, and have people comment on how I look. It is also about competing with myself and trying to get better.

I have a family and would rather do this for fun than a career.

I personally do compete because I love the challenge and having a set deadline to work towards but I would say 95% on bodybuilding boards do not compete. They are just regular guys who work a 9-5 who want to look and feel great.

By no means do you need to compete. It just gives you a goal to work towards. You get nothing for competing. Even an IFBB pro card means nothing. Most people don't even know what that is.

I personally do compete because I love the challenge and having a set deadline to work towards but I would say 95% on bodybuilding boards do not compete. They are just regular guys who work a 9-5 who want to look and feel great.

By no means do you need to compete. It just gives you a goal to work towards. You get nothing for competing. Even an IFBB pro card means nothing. Most people don't even know what that is.

I certainly understand the competition aspect of it. I did plenty of powerlifting and bench meets from age 16 to 32. I never looked at it as competing against another person. There's no defense in the iron sports. You set your goals and try to accomplish them on the lifting platform or stage.

Top Bottom