Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Documented proof of natural insulin shutdown, related to exogenous insulin intake?

paradox

The Machine
Platinum
Is there medical proof backing up the theory that a individual who produces healthy amounts of insulin naturally, then uses exogeneous insulin for BB purposes, their own natural insulin production is then destroyed, & must take insulin via injections for the rest of their lives? Anyone have any first hand experience on this or any documented proof out there? I find it hard to believe that your body just forgets how to make insulin after you take away the exogenous insulin.

bump

paradox said:
Is there medical proof backing up the theory that a individual who produces healthy amounts of insulin naturally, then uses exogeneous insulin for BB purposes, their own natural insulin production is then destroyed, & must take insulin via injections for the rest of their lives? Anyone have any first hand experience on this or any documented proof out there? I find it hard to believe that your body just forgets how to make insulin after you take away the exogenous insulin.

The peptide recpetor's in your body do work off a negative feedback mechanism - by means of down-regulation of existing insulin receptors.

Therefor if you spill over with exogenous insulin for prolonged periods they will be effected and can make you into a diabetic - Type 2.

There is a extremely small chance you will completely shut down the B cells of your pancreas therby making you type 1 - that would involve supplementing a continous supply of exogenous insulin all day for months - because your body naurally makes insulin everytime your blood sugar rises.

Re: Re: Documented proof of natural insulin shutdown, related to exogenous insulin intake?

Rémy!   said:

There is a extremely small chance you will completely shut down the B cells of your pancreas therby making you type 1 - that would involve supplementing a continous supply of exogenous insulin all day for months - because your body naurally makes insulin everytime your blood sugar rises.

Oh i see, so your saying that to become type one you would have to constantly have high levels of exogenous slin in you 24/7 ? Instead of the crucial times upon wakening & post workout?
Do you have knowledge of the half lifes of humalin-r & humalog? I know humilin is longer acting.

a bump for more info

I agree with Remy..however type 2 diabetes is a 2 fold disease..relative insulin deficiency..(therfore needing insulin or some type of stimulant to help secrete more insulin from beta cells) and insulin resistance, which means your body is not prperly storing or utilizing uptake of glucose, somewhat due to obesity amd fat getting in the way of uptake..that is why there are several agents on the market now for diabetes that some work on the insulin resistance side and some work on the insulin deficiency side...but everybody is different to there reaction to exogenous insulin in the blood..and yes prolonged exposure to exogenous insulin MAY in one way or the other shut down the beta cells..but studies show that patients on insulin for extended periods of time, with losing weight can get off insulin and back on oral agents therefore contradicting the statement that exogenous insulin shuts down beta cells..b/c they go back to secretagogues and other oral agents that stimulate the pancreas to produce your own insulin...short in point, not likely that it will cause beta cell failure...

humalog is a meal time insulin...a short acting analogue that peaks within 40 minutes and is gone in 1.5 hours..Humalin R is longer, it peaks at 1.5 hours and lasts inconsistently about 2.5 hours....humalog and novolog are what endo's use for meal time insulin and a long acting lantus for bedtime basal rate

myasshurts said:
Would ALA possibly have this effect?

Alpha lipioc acid actually does the opposite and has been shown to increase insulin receptor sensitivity - which is great to use after a cycle of insulin use.

CHARCHECK was right about there also being agents, such as acetohexamide, which act to stimulate the pancreas to synthesize and discharge endogenous insulin. Also it has been shown that it can increase insulin sensitivity on insulin receptors for better utilization of insulin.

The simple answer is no......there is no scientific evidence. Cycled properly, insulin is not a problem. The faster insulins like Humalog and humulin-r are prefered by most of us for the ease in planning in-take of nutients, but a slow insulin might actually be more anabolic.....I am experimenting with this right now.

I agree with Ironmaster on that one. (slower insulin might be more anabolic) I have tried Humalog and Humilin R and have gotten MUCH BETTER results using the Humilin R.

Peace
DrZ

Top Bottom