Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doctors Visit Question

rtel2000

Was thinking about going to the doctors to get a checkup. Anyone know what I should ask him to do. Test wise. Or do I just ask for a physicial and cough? Need a baseline.

Thanks,

you should have a doctor that is aware of your intended steroid use before you ever start. h will want to run a slew of tests. every organ in your body is effected by your training, steroid use, and your diet. there is good and bad in all of it.

Joe is right. You need to be up front an honest.

But at the very least:

CBC
Chem 17
Liver Panel
Creatinine
Testosterone, Free and Total
IGF-1
Estradiol - Ultra Sensitive
DHEA
FSH
LH
Sed Rate
PSA
Lipid Panel (try and get lipid molecule sizing as well)
TSH

B-

i wouldnt go into the doctors office and say you want to use illegal drugs. he puts that in your chart youre fucked. i would go in complaining of all the symptoms of low testosterone, without saying you think that is what it is, and have him recommend the full panel. unless you have a great relationship with your doctor and he is pro hrt, you could be looking at a bad situation if he is a dick.

dont say you looked up the symptoms online either. go in like youre clueless and just list symptoms. a good doc would order the tests if all you did was list symptoms that point to low test, low gh, low thyroid function. they are very common symptoms.

i would go in complaining of all the symptoms of low testosterone, without saying you think that is what it is, and have him recommend the full panel.

dont say you looked up the symptoms online either. go in like youre clueless and just list symptoms. a good doc would order the tests if all you did was list symptoms that point to low test, low gh, low thyroid function. they are very common symptoms.

Why would he do this? He just wants a checkup, he's not pimping his doctor for TRT or anything.

When I need blood work done for cycle related stuff, I go to a quack doc... Doesn't really have to be a quack doc, just someone that you don't really go to otherwise.

reason being: I have a great doctor who really watches out for his patients. When something out of range comes up in the bloodwork, I don't want this doctor to freak out and start recommending more tests. I count on this doctor to keep me healthy when I need it, and I try to be as honest as possible with him. I don't want to give him the runaround. You know what I mean?

On the other hand, the don't ask don't tell doc is good to go to for bloodwork. No questions asked. Learn how to interpret on your own or ask that doc.

I just think it's good to keep your real doc separate from your blood work doc... Then go to your regular doc for normal check-ups and regular bloodwork.

I hope that makes sense

my response was in regard to telling the doc about his use or desire to use aas. that can end up in your chart and that can really affect future insurance coverage.

Thanks for all of your advise.

Today I went in for my physical and decided to start by asking my doctor some ground work questions. Like:

Can I ask you a question?
His Answer: Of course.

How much of what I tell you ends up in my history? For example like things that I would not want my insurance company or medical history to reflect.
His answer: "Well to put it simply, nothing. Nothing you don't want will not be in anything.

So I told him about my Anavar cycle. He asked, " In cycle you mean steroids?" I said yes. He didn't flinch one bit. Just kept staring and listening normally. So I told him about my 15 week cycle(Yes i know , too long) and the small crash at the end. really did shut me down some. Sex was difficult. not impossible. Which s fine now. But my concern is,"What did I do to my system?" "Am I ok still, did I do any damage?"

I told him I have a list of tests that I brought (Printed the list off of here in the thread from The Best of Elitefitness titled something about what tests DO I need or something like that) and showed it to him.

The list was:
Here's what you need:
CBC
Chem-20
Complete Thyroid screen (T-3 uptake, Total T4, Free T4, total T3, Free T3, Free T4 index, TSH, TBG)
Prolactin
Total test
Free test
LH, FSH

These are some additional tests that would be great to have if you can afford them.
Estrogen level (preferably estradiol, estrone and estriol but some idea of estrogen is better than none)
ACTH
Cortisol

The absolute bare minimum I would suggest is:
Chem-20
total test
free test

He looked over the tests and said we can definitely do the CBC and the Chem-2. On the thyroid screen I forgot what he said but I do have the paper that he scribbled on. I'll have to come back to that. I'll post it later. BUT....He said we could do one of the tests and if it was ok the the rest of the tests were a moot point. If the one came back abnormal we can do the others if needed.

He said that Insurance companies need sufficient reason as to why things are done. So he said that we could get away with doing a Total Test test since I was 34 and not really at the age to worry about it but close enough that he could put down that I was concerned. Same applied to this as the thyroid tests. If it came back low then he would test more.

PROLACTIN Honestly I don't remember what he said. It was something along the line of the Ins company my not cover it without reason. And he did mention that it's common for steroid users to watch their lipid levels, so he did those too.

He said it sounds like I done my research and wanted to know what my diet and routine was like. He suggested if I was trying to get to 200lbs I should increase my protein intake to that of what a 200lbs person would consume and to continue the creatine. BTW He does like a multi body part routine where each part is worked out twice a week.

It was nice. He asked how I knew so much. I told him about EF and he seemed interested. Even asked how I would procure such items. Told him about TSC. He asked if I was worried about the legalities of it. I did tell him I take as much precaution as I can . i.e anonymous email ......bla..bla...... Of course I am running a risk but at least there are poeple out there that can advise you as to the best way to go about everything. It's funny, turns out he's been taking Akido for the past 3 years. I think he was actually interested in what I was saying. being a fighter and all.hmmm..... You know what I mean? But if not still he showed great interest and was trying to give my as much advise as he could.

I told him about this thread and how 50/50 is was on what to do. He said that he is my doctor and his concern is my wellbeing. Not to judge me, but to make sure I am healthy. He said you should always tell your doctor everything, it's their job to make sure you keep breathing no matter what you choose to do to your self.

Ahhhh.. Almost forgot.. He did mention. If we do a Testosterone test and it comes back off the chart it could them raise eyebrows. Since it would indicate exogenous test (i think) was administered. He asked me how long ago my cycle was and we concluded It should be low if anything at the moment. I've been off the anavar cycle for about 3 months now. So keep in mind, getting the doc to do the tests is one thing but the results can be a double edge sword. We decided if we were going to test it will be like now. In between cycles and have been off for a while. I did see the menu of tests on a sheet on his clipboard. They has prices on them like $50 for this and $75 for that $125for something else. He said if I wanted I couldpay for certain tests personally and we could do that too if need be. So INS would not know about it. didn't seem outrageous or anything.

Pretty cool I thought. I'm soooooooooooo happy about my doc's visit. REALLY happy that he knows about my past use and my cycle coming up. If anything happens to me he will already be ready for it. I mean thats worth it's weight in gold. I love it.

OK maybe my Doc is just cool like that. I did tell him I decided to come to him cuz he's young and looked like a athlete type and has my history already Vs an old guy doc that my frown on what I'm about to tell him. So my advise is to start like I did. Ask you doc a few questions first. You will know if you can trust him or not pretty quickly based on his answer. If he says he's obligated to record everything just say OK cool, It's good to know.. Then go find another doctor for this.

Well that's the jist of it. Went ahead and did the normal physical check this check that. Talked to the nurse about the needle she was about to put in me. And how long it was. 25g one inch. Hahahah.. I'm really loving this openness thing. Now I'm milking it..... I watch it go in. I was amazed to see the whole needle disappear into my delt. I said "Wow, all the way huh?" She said yup, it's gotta be in the muscle. SHE DIDN'T ASPIRATE! AMATEUR......HAHAHA (See here I'm taking mental notes. I went home and took a pic of the sites on each delt for future reference. One arm in right in a marked spot by a tattoo on my arm. I'll always kow where to put the pin,"Right on the dogs eyeball")So she told me the specs of all the needles she used.... She didn't know why I was asking but she was informative. Maybe she liked it that instead of rolling up my sleeve I just tookoff my shirt.:biggrin:

Hope this helps. I know how I felt about the subject and now I'm 1500% Glad I went the route I did. Flying blind without a compass while doing this shit is just a recipe for death or man boobs or rasin nuts or a dick that don't work or ................ And you would have no idea, if what you were doing to help was hurting your self. Now I can call and ask him if I ever have questions. WWooooHHoooooo! My own personal AAS advisor!

Last edited:
Top Bottom