Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do you juice and not do certain lifts?

babbabuee

Just out of curiosity... Does anyone in here juice and not do some of the most basic compound mass building movements like: deadlifts, squats, leg press or something else?
I ask because I've hurt my lower back and those are some exercises I just can't do for now without reinjuring my back, so I've put off my cycle for now and I'm just lifting around those exercises. I focus more on lunges(with weights in hands) leg extensions/curls for my leg days. I can still lift hard on just about every other exercise.
karma?

bro, its pretty common if you got an injury you work around it but still train intensely....i used to squat up to 405 for sets of 10 and now i cant do deads, and squats do to spondilitis in my L4 vertebrae....however i do intensely do leg press on my leg day working usually from 6-8 sets of it and still trying to drill myself....just my experiece and opinion.

doubles..1...

yeah, in my older age, 32, I'm starting to learn about working around certain injuries. Three times now I've reinjured the ligaments in my lower back trying to do deadlifts/leg press so I'm done with those for now. I havent hurt myself doing squats, but I'm too afraid to find out. I was just stoked because I did a leg day with lunges and other exercises and got a great pump. Glad to hear I'm not the only one working around certain exercises. I just had it in my head that squats and deads are a must.

I can understand avoiding them if you have a medical reason/injury, and I definately think you can build a nice muscular fit body without them. But to be truely massive you must squat and deadlift IMO.

I can do deadlifts but choose not to. I have 2 lower vertebra that are pretty bad. I can do deads and hurt for about 3 days but I want to be able to walk when I am 50.

I do hyperextensions. Although they are not the same they are not as traumatic on the lower back as hauling up 350-400 pounds and compressing my sciatic nerve for days.

babbabuee said:
Just out of curiosity... Does anyone in here juice and not do some of the most basic compound mass building movements like: deadlifts, squats, leg press or something else?
I ask because I've hurt my lower back and those are some exercises I just can't do for now without reinjuring my back, so I've put off my cycle for now and I'm just lifting around those exercises. I focus more on lunges(with weights in hands) leg extensions/curls for my leg days. I can still lift hard on just about every other exercise.
karma?

I fucked my back up a couple months putting 352 Lbs overhead in an O-lifting meet. For the last two months, I've spent most of my time doing hack squats, leg extensions and leg curls to keep the pressure off my back. Since I usually squat at least three days a week, it has been hard keeping away from the squat racks but I think it really has done me a lot of good, aside from letting my back heal. My quads are huge (for me anyway.) I measured them the other day after my workout and they were over 28" (I'm 5'8", 205#) I think in the future, I'm going to replace one of those squat workouts with one centered around hack squats.

I asked this same question yesterday in another way babbabue, I am not working around injury (and I've always deadlifted well), but my arms are too long to benefit from bench and my knees and hips are real supple so I can full-squat 225 for 10 reps like 10 sets (did this last night) and feel nothing in my legs, no new growth. I was so pissed last night I had to post. I can't raise the weight on bench or squat either because those are to failure, just not failure of the muscle I want to hit. Bottom line is -- hacks for legs. And incline db presses have made my chest grow for the first time in a long while. Like you I thought you had to bench, squat or deadlift or you shouldn't be at the gym. But, you know, squat and bench are really just fads, the muscle just needs overload to grow. Check out this link posted on the ladies board on squat leg training and alternatives (it was forwarded to me by the kind, strong, and smart ladies I know on EF) it is really an eye opener. http://www.overspeedtraining.com/legsart.htm
I think I am going to blast my legs to a new level by dropping some prejudices I had against certain excercises.

Top Bottom