Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do AAS effect cognitive function?

netflix66

I was curious to know if AAS can negatively effect cognitive function does anybody know if this is something to worry about ? I don’t believe it is neurotoxic but I am just trying to learn more. Thanks

Not in the way you are describing. But again, abusing anything is going to have severe effects on you. It is more about responsible use.

Yes, afaik Tren is the only steroid that is known to cause neurodegeneration.

17β-trenbolone induced apoptosis of primary hippocampal neurons in vitro and resisted neuroprotective function of testosterone

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25461682

[FONT=&quot]Long-term AAS use is associated with right amygdala enlargement and reduced right amygdala rsFC with brain areas involved in cognitive control and spatial memory, which could contribute to the psychiatric effects and cognitive dysfunction associated with AAS use.[/FONT]

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4458166/

i mean, yes and no.. tren, definitely can give you issues... i had it effect me mentally when i went too high in terms of being way over emotional and psychologically just a mess until i came off of it... aside from that, not really... some people use their aggression as an excuse from steroid use which i dont buy for a second but tren would be the one to be concerned about..

Steroids should enhance cognitive function if anything. A lot of TRT studies done in older men found that testosterone increased memory.

Steroids should enhance cognitive function if anything. A lot of TRT studies done in older men found that testosterone increased memory.

There is a difference between having low testosterone going to trt and taking a lot more than normal.

Testosterone does have protective properties on the brain, it has been shown to protect the brain from Alzheimer and other disease.

These older men have had low testosterone which caused memory loss or other deteriorative damage to the brain and when testosterone was increased to normal levels brain function improved, afaik there has never been a study showing improved cognitive function or memory in healthy males while taking testosterone.

Let's see - it MIGHT, if you're test is low and at best, bring it back to previous levels. But improve it? No. One other view is exercise will regardless of test levels. More so in the case of dementia. But again only to normal levels rather than an improvement.

Top Bottom