Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DNP Half Life: how long will is shelf-life in varying conditions

tempest2003

hello, so i have my dnp caps in the fridge now with a dessicant packett (the things you find with shoes to retain any moisture) Anyways, ive had it for a year now but hasnt always been stored in the fridge. wondering how long the shelf life is on crystal dnp. i had it at room temps for quite a few months as well. any help in the form of known knowledge is much appreciated

Dessicant packets last a very very short time. Also, dessicants will be used up very quickly in a refridgerator as opposed to a dessicant cabinet. Dessicants will need to be continually reactivated in an oven to burn off or evaporate off moisture. Most likely, the dessicants that you got with your shoes have already been expended. There are other dessicants that can be purchased that change color to let you know when the are spent, but each time they change color you will have to bake them in an oven to reactivate them. Typically a plexiglass type of dessicant storage cabinet is needed as well with very little ventilation for some of these things.

My advice is to toss out the DNP and never use those blasting cap or rat poison ingredients again. Instead, go to www.proteabody.com and browse around. Even if you aren't interested in anything at Proteabody's website, I would still rather not consider DNP.

I tried DNP crystal twice before. I wouldn't offer this advice if I hadn't tried some of these things at least once.

wow, thanks for the spam, im not interested in advertisers using my question as an attempt to sling what is probably garbage product at me in order to supplement your income. you did not answer any of my questions at all. i know how dessicants work and know that there is no moisture problem in my container. secondly, dnp is not the "rat poison" you mkae it out to be in the BB community. perhaps you need to indulge yourself in the knowledge and experience many of us on this site have/share before you try slinging your products. im so tired of getting hit with this garbage.

Is it JUST DNP or is it the caps that you would buy from a research supplier?

I havent really heard anything about DNP "going bad" especially when not exposed to high heat or humidity, I know the ones I used ages ago were probably in the neighborhood of a year old when I got them and I was thrilled with the results and the sides seemed consistent with dosing.

You could always send extra to me for testing :chomp:

tempest2003 said:
wow, thanks for the spam, im not interested in advertisers using my question as an attempt to sling what is probably garbage product at me in order to supplement your income. you did not answer any of my questions at all. i know how dessicants work and know that there is no moisture problem in my container. secondly, dnp is not the "rat poison" you mkae it out to be in the BB community. perhaps you need to indulge yourself in the knowledge and experience many of us on this site have/share before you try slinging your products. im so tired of getting hit with this garbage.
I was offering a safer alternative, but you don't ever have to order anything from me. My knowledge is just fine. Enjoy your DNP.

Top Bottom