Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diuretics

Newbie question. What are some of you bros experiences with diuretics as a pre-contest supplement? What is the best brand to take and how long before a show should you take them? All info is welcomed.

Thanks bros !

BIG DADDY DIESEL said:
Newbie question. What are some of you bros experiences with diuretics as a pre-contest supplement? What is the best brand to take and how long before a show should you take them? All info is welcomed.

Thanks bros !

If it's your first time with diuretics aldactone is a safer start. Dose depends on how you look and react to it. You should start on Mon or Tues and take it for a couple of days past the show to avoid a water rebound. Since it is potassium sparing you would want to stay away from potassium supps.

BIG DADDY DIESEL said:
thx bro for the info !

Do they actually help with hardness and vascularity?

At that point the food will help with that more. If you pull too much water out you will be flat and have no veins. But if you fill out right and get dry you should be hard and vascular, provided that you got into condition. Start with 50mg's on mon and go from there.

bluehen said:
At that point the food will help with that more. If you pull too much water out you will be flat and have no veins. But if you fill out right and get dry you should be hard and vascular, provided that you got into condition. Start with 50mg's on mon and go from there.

Right. Diuretics are the tricky part of contest prep. The goal is to be full, hard, and dry. Not exactly the easiest thing to pull off. This is also why many expierenced BB's will hire help for the last week. They know how to get shredded, but coming in just right takes someone with the right touch.

Makavelli said:
Right. Diuretics are the tricky part of contest prep. The goal is to be full, hard, and dry. Not exactly the easiest thing to pull off. This is also why many expierenced BB's will hire help for the last week. They know how to get shredded, but coming in just right takes someone with the right touch.

My last show was my first time with them, my boy who knows his shit really helped out a lot. It really helped to have someone telling you, day of the show and night before, eat now or take another 50mg's.

bluehen said:
My last show was my first time with them, my boy who knows his shit really helped out a lot. It really helped to have someone telling you, day of the show and night before, eat now or take another 50mg's.

It's invaluable to have someone knowledgeable in your corner. You can really fuck things up by panicking, thinking that you're holding water when you're not. Then you end up taking too much and cramping on stage.

Makavelli said:
It's invaluable to have someone knowledgeable in your corner. You can really fuck things up by panicking, thinking that you're holding water when you're not. Then you end up taking too much and cramping on stage.

Man you can say that again, the mirror plays tricks on you at the end of the diet.

I'm diametrically opposed to this type of pre contestcarb depletion/loading/diuretic voodoo. I can't see any logical reason to go through months of dieting and the final week you decide to roll the dice with something you don't know much about? Unless of course you want an excuse for missing your peak and getting schooled???

For this reason, starting at about 6 or 7 weeks out, I always cycle my carb intake over a 7 day period(3 days low and 4 days moderate)and experiment with my diuretics. My ultimate goal is to figure out what makes me look my best on Saturday mornings (since that is the day pre judging usually falls on). Everyone is different, so what works for me may or may not make you look your best. Here's what I do just for a point of reference.

Sun, Mon, Moderate carbs-normal h20 intake

Tues post workout no carbs-normal h20 intake

Weds, pose only, low carbs-aldactone-limit h20 to 50% normal intake

Thurs, pose only, low Carbs, aldactone-limit h20 even more

Friday, pose only, slightly increase carb intake-limit or eliminate h20 and pay close attention to mirror, aldactone

Sat AM, if I'm still holding water I'll take some lasix, but it shouldn't be necessary. I also eat 1/2 jar of honey or strawberry preserves 20 mins prior to going on stage. I'll drink h20 after prejudging, but won't overdo it.

I also must say that I'm a guy that looks better if I'm a bit flat as long as I'm not holding water. If I'm full, I tend to hold too much water, so I'd rather error on the side of better definition since I have enough size that I can afford to be a bit flat.

Forgive me for my oversimplification of this process. But I hate seeing guys diet so hard and fucking up all of their hard work the last week. Way too many guys end up looking better a a day or even a week after their show. All that matters is how you look at pre judging, therefore I think it would be wise to practice looking your best on Saturday mornings a few times before your actual contest day arrives. After a few trial runs you should be able to manipulate your carb/h20/diuretic intake in a way that makes you look your best for pre judging. Once you get this down to a science, you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Top Bottom