Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dirty Homebrew Due to Expired BA or BB???

sumpm1

Hello all.

I have been homebrewing for 2.5 years, test e thus far only. I ordered my first batch of raws at the beginning, and made a batch then, and a batch 9 months later with the same materials... About a year ago, I ordered raws from a new supplier and brewed a batch of that test e. In all cases I used fresh MCT oil from the store as my carrier, and used 18/20 BB/BA at 300mg/ml.

During all those first 3 batches, I did my filtering using whatman syringe filters into presealed sterile glass vials....

Recently I went to brew another batch using the same materials I bought one year ago; so I have already ran that same material without any bad injections. I brewed into a presealed 100ml jug. I made one change in equipment, I used a cheaper syringe filter (not whatman, https://amzn.to/2IuPxv6), and I used 2 in the process, a new filter after first 50ml brewed. I used that same BB and BA that I bought 2.5 years ago... I ended up getting fever/flu symptoms from the injection....Dirty Homebrew Due to Expired BA or BB???

Sadly, I noticed that my BA said it expired on the bottle 1 year ago. My BB says it expires in 3 months....

SO MY QUESTION IS: For anyone with experience in brewing, what is your best hunch of what was the culprit for the dirty gear? The filters? The BA? Possibly the BB?

It's not a big deal if the materials are wasted, I have more. But I want to try to know what the hell I could be doing wrong. I refiltered the gear again through the same brand filters in a new vial, still fever symptoms.

I appreciate any help here. Thanks

Top Bottom