Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Difference between Cypionate and Enanthate?

ajc

I know both are fairly long acting esters (7-10 days)But, does anyone actually know how they are chemically different and why they bother making two esters that basically work the same way? Most companies make either one or the other...I can't think of any that make both.

Is there something I'm missing? :confused:

According to the anabolic review, cyp was in the usa first and the eurpeons came up with enanthate to mirror the product. I believe enanthate's ester is a little longer acting than cyp, giving it the increased water retention.

Someone enlighten me. This has been eating at me since last night when a guy asked me this and I had no answer for him. LOL :D

Title

Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of testosterone enanthate and dihydrotestosterone enanthate in non-human primates.
Author

Weinbauer GF
; Jackwerth B
; Yoon YD
; Behre HM
; Yeung CH
; Nieschlag E
Address

Institute of Reproductive Medicine, The University, M¨unster, FRG.
Source

Acta Endocrinol (Copenh), 122(4):432-42 1990 Apr

Abstract

The pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of testosterone enanthate and dihydrotestosterone-enanthate were compared in orchidectomized cynomolgus monkeys (Macaca fascicularis) and in intact GnRH agonist-suppressed rhesus monkeys (Macaca mulatta). Following a single im injection of 32.8 mg testosterone enanthate or 32.7 mg dihydrotestosterone-enanthate, i.e. 23.6 mg of pure steroid, in the orchidectomized cynomolgus monkeys, serum testosterone and dihydrotestosterone levels rose to 400 and 800% of baseline, respectively, within 24 h. Androgen levels remained in that range for 3-5 days followed by a continuous decline until baseline values were attained after 4-5 weeks. The areas under the testosterone- and dihydrotestosterone-curves did not differ significantly 2290 +/- 340 (dihydrotestosterone-enanthate) vs 2920 +/- 485 (testosterone-enanthate) suggesting that similar amounts of steroid had been released from the respective ester preparation. Mean half-life estimates of the terminal elimination phase were 4 and 7 days for testosterone-enanthate and dihydrotestosterone-enanthate, respectively. In a second experiment rhesus monkeys received, at 4-weekly intervals, sc implantation of a biodegradable polylactic olyglycolide rod loaded with the GnRH agonist buserelin. The last injection was given during week 20. GnRH agonist treatment suppressed serum bioactive LH, testosterone and dihydrotestosterone levels, testicular size, sperm production, and seminal carnitine content. The ejaculatory response to electrostimulation and the masturbatory behaviour were abolished. Testosterone or dihydrotestosterone injections at the same doses as above were given in week 10, 14, 17 and 20 of GnRH agonist treatment. Serum testosterone and dihydrotestosterone levels were stimulated 9- and 4-fold, respectively. Mean half-life estimates for testosterone-enanthate and dihydrotestosterone were 5 and 7 days, respectively. Both ester preparations completely restored the ejaculatory response, ejaculate size, masturbatory behaviour, and seminal carnitine levels. In conclusion, androgen substitution with dihydrotestosterone-enanthate, in equivalent doses, is as effective as testosterone-enanthate in restoring reproductive functions in hypogonadal monkeys.
Language

Eng
Unique Identifier

Publication Type

JOURNAL ARTICLE
ISSN

0001-5598
Country of Publication

DENMARK
Entry Month

lawnsaver said:
According to the anabolic review, cyp was in the usa first and the eurpeons came up with enanthate to mirror the product. I believe enanthate's ester is a little longer acting than cyp, giving it the increased water retention.
Ahhh...makes sense. So, when it comes down to using them it's basically the same strategy. Right?

Doing some more reading, enanthate is one carbon lighter than cyp. They say this gives a Slightly better release. But they also say cyp used to be exclusively made in the us. And enan was made all over the world, not just in Eureope(sp)

This is my opinion they are both the same basically cyp is mostly in the usa and eth is made worldwide i prefer eth only because it comes in 250mg and the real cyp is 200mg

The difference is not much. The two esters vary by one carbon atom in length. The most significant difference is the structure: enanthate is a chain ester, meaning a single string of bound carbon atoms. Cypionate is made into a ring at the end of the ester (the opposite side of the ester that is attached to the testosterone). What difference does this make? Not a whole helluva lot. Just the cypionate is more readily available in the US and enanthate everywhere else.

Top Bottom