Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Did anyone know Hydergine increases HGH levels?

Gel

I had trouble posting it in the life extension board for some reason:

Hydergine (Ergoloid Mesylates): The Brain Rejuvenator

What it is: An ergot derivative closely related to bromocriptine, hydergine is prescribed for age-related decline in mental capacity, Alzheimer’s, and other dementing conditions.

Effects on GH: Hlydergine is one of the few GH-releasers that has actually been shown in clinical testing to be active in elderly people. In a 1983 study by Ermanno Rolandi and his associates at the University of Genoa in Italy, long-term treatment with hydergine caused a significant increase m the nocturnal peaks of growth hormone of five men and five women between the ages of seventy-two and seventy- eight. These were patients who were hospitalized for chronic cerebral vascular insufficiency—an indication for the use of hydergine—but were otherwise in good condition. After one month of therapy with hydergine at a dose of 6 milligrams per day, the nocturnal peaks of growth hormone increased to almost twice the levels they were before treatment. At the same time it sharply lowered prolactin, which is generally considered anti-aging, but did not raise the levels of the stress hormone, cortisol.

How it works: It is believed to work through its stimulation of dopamine, but it also affects noradrenalin, another neurotransmitter that stimulates GH. The drug is actually a mixture of ergot derivatives, one of which, dil-tydroergocornine,. is one of the strongest GH-releasers of the various ergots.

Anti-aging benefits: Hydergine gained wide popularity after Pearson and Shaw touted it in their book as a “smart” drug. According to them, it helps prevent or correct aging in the brain by increasing protein synthesis in the brain, which is required for memory; stabilizing brain EEC energies under conditions of low oxygen supply; slow ing the rate at which the age pigment lipofusicm accumulates in the brain; improving memory and learning; and stimulating the growth of neurites (nerve-cell connections required for forming new memories, which are lost with age). It has reversed at least in part some brain damage resulting from stroke, infections, radiation, and some birth defects. In one double-blind clinical study, 12 milligrams per day for two weeks increased intelligence. It has also been effective in treating bronchial asthma and tardive dyskinesia, the Parkinsonian like symptoms that are a side effect of long-term use of anti-psychotic drugs. People who have used it for anti-aging pur- poses report that it increased feelings of well-being, energy levels, and fat loss. Considering that almost all these changes are similar to the ones seen with GH replacement, it is likely that many of the effects attributed to hydergine are due, at least in part, to the restoration of youthful growth hormone levels in later life.

Clinical usage: This is a “best bet” for prescription drugs used to stimulate growth hormone. It is extremely safe and has been used on a daily basis for decades by older people in Europe to preserve brain function and increase energy levels. Hydergine, like L-dopa, seems to have significant effects for several months, although there are no long-term studies on people to see if the effect is sustained for a longer period of time.

I'm dubious... I started taking hydergine in the '80s... I'm a long time friend of Durk and Sandy... and I've been an experimental life extensionist for 20+ years... and I've never heard squat about hydergine acting as a GHRF.

That's be hard to miss... especially given how much the LE crowd loves GH releasers.

I suspect this is marketing literature with some cooked studies.

Top Bottom