Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diabetic - Should I Take Insulin PWO For An Artificial Insulin Spike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured this was the best place to post this thread as Insulin is used by many non diabetics as a performance enhancing drug, so hopefully you guys know what you're talking about.

Anyway, I'm a type 1 diabetic & use Actrapid (Fast Acting) & Insulatard (Slow Acting), and was just wondering something. Seeing as my body doesn't produce insulin, I obviously have to inject several times a day. The thing is, I won't be getting that all important Post Workout Insulin spike either. Would it be beneficial to give myself a shot of insulin after the gym so that my PWO meal interacts with the Insulin spike & thus greater uptake of nutrients etc etc?

- If so, generally how much should I take (is 10 units about right or more/less?) Also, I take it I should use the fast acting insulin (Actrapid) & NOT the slow acting (insulatard)?

- Are there any other times of the day where insulin spikes are important? The only one I can think of at the moment is Post Workout, but I'm not sure if there are any other times of the day I could give myself this artificial insulin spike aswell.

- I'm also concerned that my gains could be hindered a lot considering I'm a diabetic. Is there anything I should do or look out for so that I can maximize my gains as a diabetic. I just don't want being diabetic to hold me back at all, but I've got this horrible feeling that it might be & so I'm hoping to find out WHAT those problem(s) could be so I can deal with them in order to maximize my gains as a diabetic.

Thanks a lot in advance!

bro i have to close this thread b/c your are asking for advice that only a few on here are qualified to give--and they will not touch this issue w/a 10' pole. Please talk to your doc about it--i know you don't need a lecture on how easy you could kill yourself w/Type I so I will finish by saying only rely on advice from an MD that knows.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom