Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DHA and bodybuilders

WolfpackAlpha

Elite Moderator
Administrator

Attachments

• Docosahexaenoic-acid.jpg
    Docosahexaenoic-acid.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 19
You could write a novel on the benefits of fish oil. Fish oil contains the essential fatty acids EPA and DHA. EPA and DHA increase muscle insulin sensitivity, lower blood pressure and improve cholesterol levels. They also have a strong anti-inflammatory effect in the body.

Krill oil is similar to fish oil but it is extracted from smaller fish like minos. It has even higher anti-oxidants and cholesterol lowering properties.

I use the krill oil supplement from n2bm.com.

For a fish oil - look for a fish oil supplement that contains at least 180mg EPA and 120mg DHA per 1g capsule. I personally get mine at Costco. All fish oil sold in supplements is purified and tested for trace minerals like mercury.

For just general health - I recommend 3-6g per day for men and 2-4g for women.

If you have joint pain or are trying to improve blood pressure and cholesterol levels - I recommend 6-10g per day for men and 3-6g per day for women.

Here is a great thread for you to read where I talk about the extensive literature review I did on fish oil -> http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/supplements/another-reason-take-your-fish-oil-47032.html

I do not eat enough fatty fish to be perfectly honest. What I do to make up for it is take around 7g per day of a good fish oil. I also use N2Guard year round.

Top Bottom