Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deep breathing exercises anyone?

King Cobra

The more oxygen the better! I've been practicing for a few months now; one of the most helpful things I have done for my body/muscles/mind. Ever. It's very simple, just take deep breaths whenever you think about it.

Won't increased your oxygen uptake. SpO2 is a healthy individual will be around 96% to 99%.

Probably effective for relaxation, though.

Yoga-type folks will make a plethora of claims about deep breathing, including "organ massage", but nothing has been proven.

But don't get me wrong, yoga is excellent for overall health. ;)

How can you say that no more 02 can be taken in?? Are you nopt intop meditation Mike? The colors behind the eye lids? You have neevr gotten light heaed form deap breathing or anything?

T2O said:
How can you say that no more 02 can be taken in?? Are you nopt intop meditation Mike? The colors behind the eye lids? You have neevr gotten light heaed form deap breathing or anything?

Pure science and fact, T20. A person only has some much hemoglobin, and only so much oxygen can be bound to that hemoglobin. Deep breathing won't change that.

Your respiratory rate and volume of air taken in won't change it, either. It WILL affect your respiratory pH level, and if sustained, your metabolic pH level. But it won't affect your spO2 levels.

Don't get me wrong; mediation, yoga, deep breathing are all good for stress and relaxation--and stress can have massive impacts on the body, as we know.

But you can't make claims about deep breathing that contradict human physiology, pure and simple. :coffee:

MikeMartial said:
But you can't make claims about deep breathing that contradict human physiology, pure and simple. :coffee:

I fail to see the contradictory claims you are talking about.

Thanks for the info.

breathing so as to get light headed is nothing more than an in balance in your blood chemistry. removing the CO2 too fast. we all know CO2 is a bitch, but its also essential from O2 from wrecking us as well.

Also, we all should be breathing from our stomachs, not our chests. breathing without stomch expansion is not fully utilizing our O2 uptake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom