Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Days off to train ?

If your goal is maximum muscle growth and strength gains, it's important to consume plenty of quality carbs and protein during those off/growth days. See each growth day as the only day in the week where the body is allowed to build muscle. If that were the case, what would you do on that day to make sure that you get every possible ounce of muscle growth? Certainly not lower your calorie or carb intake!

Most people should train four days per week. For a normal person, four HARD sessions per week is about all that can be done. Sure, training more often is possible, but it would require the careful and precise use of training days with a much lower stress level. I don't like these because I always feel like I have to restrain myself and "train with the brakes on."

If you like to go balls-out, four training days a week is the best option to start with. That leaves us with three rest/growth days per week. Occasionally doing five sessions per week is fine, which would leave us with two rest/growth days. But this isn't the ideal long-term solution.

Make the heaviest days Thursday and Saturday. These are the days where performance should be at its highest. On Monday, in theory you could also go super heavy, but since you have a second training day in a row we don't want lingering neural fatigue. Make Monday a challenging session but not as heavy as Thursday and Saturday. It can have a bit more volume however.

• Monday:  Training day 1
  • Tuesday:  Training day 2
  • Wednesday:  Growth day 1
  • Thursday:  Training day 3
  • Friday:  Growth day 2
  • Saturday:  Training day 4
  • Sunday:  Growth day 3

Top Bottom