Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dana Reeve diagnosed with lung cancer

Razorguns

Considering Peter Jennings quick succumbing to lung cancer within a few months -- this must be devastating to anyone getting this disease.

:(

http://www.nbc4.tv/health/4827183/detail.html

Late actor Christopher Reeve's widow, Dana, released a statement early Tuesday confirming that she has been diagnosed with lung cancer.

Oct. 10, 2004 Images: Christopher Reeve Dies
Oct. 6, 2004 Images: Reeve Visits Chicago

Reeve, who is not a smoker, said she has an excellent team of physicians and feels optimistic about her prognosis.

The 44-year-old Reeve said she decided to disclose her illness following rumors about her health in the tabloid media.

"Based on the imminent release of a tabloid article regarding my personal health, my family and I have decided to release our own statement," Dana Reeve said Tuesday. "I have recently been diagnosed with lung cancer and am currently undergoing treatment. I have an excellent team of physicians and we are optimistic about my prognosis."

Christopher Reeve, the actor who played "Superman" in the movies became an activist for spinal cord research after a horse-riding accident. He died Oct. 10, 2004.

Dana Reeve, an actress, was a constant companion and supporter of her husband during his long ordeal and his work for a cure for spinal cord injuries.

She is chairwoman of the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation, which funds research on paralysis and works to improve the life of the disabled. To date, it has awarded $55 million in research grants and $7.5 million in quality of life grants.

Dana Reeve was performing in the Broadway-bound play "Brooklyn Boy" in California when she had to streak home to reach her husband's bedside before he died. She gave up the role for the New York run.

Their son, Will, is 13 years old.

"I hope before too long to be sharing news of my good health and recovery," Reeve said in her statement. "Now, more than ever, I feel Chris with me as I face this challenge. As always, I look to him as the ultimate example of defying the odds with strength, courage, and hope in the face of life's adversities."

Reeve asked supporters to respect her desire for privacy.

Kathy Lewis, president and CEO of the Christopher Reeve Foundation, issued a separate statement in support of the advocate.

"The thoughts and prayers of the entire Christopher Reeve Foundation team are with Dana and her loved ones during this difficult time," said Lewis. "We are certain that Dana will tackle this challenge with the grace, courage and determination that have become her hallmark."

Damn...
now that's really devastating. After what her hubby went thru, now this.
I hate when shit like this happens...
:worried:

Top Bottom