Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cycles, Pumps and Compression

mrplunkey

I'm in week 6 of a ten-weeker. Pumps in gym are amazing... but can actually get painful in the shoulders and tricepts. Today I used a tight "under armor" shirt which provided mild but significant compression. It's far, far less than a bench shirt but it's compression nontheless.

After using some compression, I get virtually zero pump but my work-out went great. Numbers looked good and I failed where I normally fail in terms of sets/reps. I'm back home now, and I have no pain in my shoulders or tricepts.

Think the compression shirt, in preventing "pumps", will also hurt my gains?

Last edited:
mrplunkey said:
I'm in week 6 of a six-weeker. Pumps in gym are amazing... but can actually get painful in the shoulders and tricepts. Today I used a tight "under armor" shirt which provided mild but significant compression. It's far, far less than a bench shirt but it's compression nontheless.

After using some compression, I get virtually zero pump but my work-out went great. Numbers looked good and I failed where I normally fail in terms of sets/reps. I'm back home now, and I have no pain in my shoulders or tricepts.

Think the compression shirt, in preventing "pumps", will also hurt my gains?

the more pump, the more blood that is flooding the muscles and delivering much needed nutrients so I would say that could inhibit it. The question is how much is really being suppressed by the compression ?? You may still be getting more blood in there with the compression shirt, than if you didn't have it on, but was off cycle. So I dont know how you would gauge how much restriction it is making, technically.

atmf

Adding to my forums.. ;)

Well, I had mixed feelings about where to post this but it seemed appropriate in the anabolics forum because there are so many post about "Pumps from XYZ" (mostly Dbol). Sometimes the word "great" is in front of them, and sometimes the word "aweful" is used instead.

I think my shoulder/tricept pain is "pump" related and I'm pretty sure this tight under-armor shirt is providing just enough back-pressure to avoid some of the ache. Having said that, I worry that the "ache" is where i'm getting some growth... so the shirt may be screwing me!

Interesting to see how roids effect people in different ways, I get painful pumps mainly in my forearms and no where else. Anyway, the pump is blood rushing to the muscle. I would think negating this would only be a bad thing, reasons to which indy already touched on. Ride through the pain.

I get pretty intense pumps on dbol 30mg/day in my shoulders, biceps, shins, and forearms. I just grin and bear it, it helps me lift harder it seems. I would let the pump do its thing and not try to restrict anything. Just my .02

Top Bottom