Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The cycle I'm on affect my vertical leap at all?

Djicy

I swear my vertical has gone up a lot in the past week i'm taking Var and Dbol not really doing anything different in the gym. I do 100 calf raises a day I've been doing that for a year now though. People who lknow about vertical jumps now they don't just increase dramatically in a few days like this.

Djicy said:
I swear my vertical has gone up a lot in the past week i'm taking Var and Dbol not really doing anything different in the gym. I do 100 calf raises a day I've been doing that for a year now though. People who lknow about vertical jumps now they don't just increase dramatically in a few days like this.

Your legs have probably gotten a little bit stronger just from being on the juice. It has a tendency to do this and enjoy it!

Chris

the height of vertical jump comes from power. power=strength+speed
var gives you strength, and obiosly the training you do (jumping) is making it power strength (speed +strength), give you higher hops, lol

Vertical jump is effected by plyometric work, not juice, however some people can not squat 100 lbs. but can jump out of the gym, and some can squat 500lbs. and not jump an inch, ( given both people are the same size), it all depends on how efficeint your body is at transferring the power.

PlayaPimp said:
Vertical jump is effected by plyometric work, not juice, however some people can not squat 100 lbs. but can jump out of the gym, and some can squat 500lbs. and not jump an inch, ( given both people are the same size), it all depends on how efficeint your body is at transferring the power.

Good post. I'd give you karma but I've given too much in the 24hr period.

Chris

Ur major leg muscles arent everything when it comes to jumping, i used to play ball and know when i started sprinting and jumping regulary in season it would greatly increase. Its because of the Twitching fibers in your muscles, those are the really small ones, i cant explain it really well, but if you increase development in your twitching muscles u will increase quickness and explosion. Thats why the skinny guys can do it, they arent strong but they have no body weight and very developed twitching fibers, becuase they are on the court everyday. The juice will definately speed up the process of small muscle growth!

Being on cycle may have you pounding-out reps faster in a more explosive way -- that's my quess.

As mentioned earlier, vertical jump = power, which is Force/Time. We normally focus on the "Force" component (i.e. How much can you squat) but often ignore the time component. If you want to develop more Power, you can do a few things such as:

1) Plyometrics -- pre-streach a muscle before you use it. Box jumps and bounding hurdles are probably the two "classic" approaches

2) Focusing on time -- While squatting (for example), keep your eccentric phase slow but once you bottom-out, focus on speed. Certainly don't jerk the weight, but pick a squat weight where the bar is gaining speed as you finish the lift as opposed to "grinding it out". You may have to cut weight, but 6-8 controlled, explosive squats with a strong finish can do surprising things for your vertical.

Interestingly enough, a re-emphasis on power can be a good way to push past a plateau as well. I often get into these grinding contests on bench press for weeks and weeks then sit around bitching about not seeing any progress. If I back off weight a little and focus on 6-8 explosive reps, sure enough I can inch past the limitation (normally).

P.S. If explosive stuff kills your joints, a little deca goes a long way. My 37 year old joints are lubed-up nicely now!

Top Bottom