Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting/Diet Experiment - Log

Redfield11

Hi guys.

I'm about to do something pretty stupid. I do not condone this whatsoever as it's potentially very dangerous to your health. My fiancee is a nutritionist who is working towards her PHD, she's doing a study on dieting. The details aren't overly important but she's using me as a guinea pig for one of the groups. An 'athlete'.

For the next 7 days I will not be eating anything. No fruit, no veg, no chicken, not even a grain of rice. Nothing. The week after that, I'll be taking a break and eating normally. Then I'll be going on a deficit diet, something like 1500 calories. Taking a week off after that, then finally, using weight loss supplements and PED's (which she is getting, don't ask me what, but they're not legal). As it's in the name of science I'm getting special permission to do it legally (Don't worry, it's not DNP, I've already told her that I'm never touching that stuff). When she gives it to me, I will let you know what it is.

So I thought it might be a good idea to document everything to give people a bit of an idea what happens. I'll be getting monitored at her university every day with all sorts of blood tests, vitals, you name it. So I'll be sure to post up all that when I get it.

For the last month I've been eating to get to 20% body fat. Which means my stats are now:

Height: 6'5
Weight: 316lbs
BF: 20%

Her university are making a documentary about the entire experiment, including me and the different subjects taking part. When it is complete I'll leave a link here to it. I have very distinctive tattoos on my body which is why I removed my photo from this website after somebody actually recognised me from this site in person. So for privacy reasons, I won't be adding photos on here. Just the link to the video when it's all over. I'll only update this thread if people are actually interested in it. So if you are, please let me know and I'll do my best to put effort into this.

All the best, Red.

Oh dude that's insane, I'd be sneaking food while the ol' lady was out haha, at least ask her if you could add zero cal flavor packs to the water if you hate it so much. All in the name of science bro! And ass of course haha.

That's fucking awesome! I'm very interested. Although some studies show fasting that way can actually benefit your health. You won't catch me trying though lol

I do alternate day fasting as a means of dropping weight quickly, but it protects the muscle based on how I do it...

I have no idea why you think that is a good idea, but its going to cost you a lot of muscle for no reason. You will lose a lot of weight I'm sure, but half will probably be muscle, as your body will start preserving fat at all costs due to hormonal changes after 48-72 hours...

I'm aware that I will be losing muscle mass as well as fat, that is the whole point of this. If I was dieting my way I'd be eating to preserve muscle mass. But as this is for my fiancee's PHD, I'm making sacrifices. Anyway, I'm a bit sick of having as much muscle as I do, the amount I have to eat for maintenance drives me a bit mad. So dropping down to something a bit leaner/mobile will be a nice change.

Anyway!

Day One:

Just finished the first day of fasting. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be if I'm honest. I got hungry, but I drank a lot of water which suppressed my appetite a little bit. My stomach is churning and my brain is obviously letting me know that it wants food. But it's not unbearable by any means. I went for a 30 minute run at around six, didn't notice any difference regarding performance. I was weighed at about 7pm UK time and I'm about 4 pounds lighter, but after the monster dump I had this morning that's not a surprise.

Tomorrow I get my first body fat test and getting a bit of blood work done. Right now, I'm sat watching a film with a missus who is being a dog and eating CAKE in front of my face. Words will be said, but at the risk of not getting any tonight I'm keeping my mouth shut for now.

Haha good idea, and I think around the 60-72 mark the hunger pains kind of pass, again this is just what I've read in the past definitely not from personal experience, screw that!

Top Bottom