Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cut then Bulk or Bulk then cut?

cut then bulk or bulk then cut

• cut then bulk

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • bulk then cut

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
I have tried to figure out this as well and even though I have been lifting for 5 years I am new to AAS and it seems a lot of advice been thrown my way over the past couple of months is to get the BF down to at least the low teens before you do a bulking cycle. A lot of experience bro's have told me they wished they had done this before bulking b/c most of them are always fighting the gain of fat during a a bulking phase whereas if they "cut" before they "bulked" the addition of some fat would not be as big of a deal. Bump for more opinions....

i feel the same.
i'd definitely first cut until i'm in the low teens or lower.
the rationale is quite simple:

if you bulk first then you gain a bunch of muscle, a bunch of water, and some fat, and when it's time to cut up, you'll probably lose most of the muscle that you gained during the bulking phase.
(as cardio will inevitably also burn some muscle).

logic says:

cut then bulk!!!

I totally disagree that logic dictates that you should cut, then bulk. You can't carve a steak if there is no meat on the bone!

When bulking you build the raw mass that you will refine and shape when cutting. The additional muscle mass also increases your caloric maintenace level. This allows you to eat more (quality foods) when cutting, just to maintain the mass you've already built. The finished product has greater density and refinement....overall, a better physique.

If you cut first, you will regain some fat when bulking which will just need to be cut (again) when you're finished. So what's the point? From my experience, those who are worried about putting on additional fat during a bulking phase (particularly after cutting) don't eat enough and generally don't grow as quickly, or as well.

I agree 100% with humanoid. I also believe that having a good solid base of muscle mass is the number 1 priorty of all.

humanoid is right on the money, "You can't carve a steak if there is no meat on the bone!" Bulk up and then cut down with the new size you've put on from your bulk cycle!!

all those that said bulk then cut let me ask you something.

are you speaking from experience?

theories and philosophies are great and all, but please, unless you've tried it keep your comments to yourself.

I think that to some people 'bulking' is really exaggerated, that you will become too fat. This is not true, if one watches their caloric intake along and watch their carb/protien intake as well.

Sure enough you can pack on major size with minimal fat gain-- which requires lots of diet knowledge, and experience.

Depends on bf. If you are happy with your bodyfat bulk. If you feel fat cut. Pretty simple, decide what you need more of size or cuts.

Top Bottom