Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Credibility of a cop at trial..

Dr. JK

Question:
If a cop is buying stuff from you let's say juice and he juices in front of you and witnesses, i.e. takes the pills, injects into himself in front of witnesses, can he bust you, knowing he has to go to court and be cross examined by the defence who will shoot down his credibility and judgement?

Now let's say he was buying drugs and consuming them in front of you and/or witnesses, which can impair his judgement (coke, weed, exstacy, etc). Can he directly bust you for the same reason, i.e. credibility?

My thinking is he cannot because of several reasons:
1-Credibility
2-Breaking the law himself
3-Impaired judgement

Can someone confirm this for a fact?
Thanks
Dr. JK

he can do whatever he wants, depends on your jury really hell cops violate the consitution all the time. point is look at it this way him brekaing the law is unrelated to you, the jury is who you ahve to convince who is more credible a cop or some drug addict who self admits tht he saw said cop buy stuff off him your incriminating yourself by questioning the officer in that manner

:devil:
I believe that cops\narcs\feds\ratswith badges, can now ingest substances in front of the very people they are trying to set up because the old test used to be, here smoke this or snort this. If they didn't they would be in danger of getting killed or blow the deal so the law was ammended to allow this activity.
To all the scumbag narcs out there who befriend people and earn their trust and turn around and betray them. Fuck You All!

I can understand if he (the pig) has to do it to protect his cover, but if he is seen by several people not just me, to use on a regular basis. then what makes him different from me?
How do we know he is not an addict or blow/juice head? Is he above the law?

There must be a limit/line which pigs cannot cross

Can somone with law knowledge help clarify this question?
Thanks

Well, if the police officer uses on a regular basis... outside his "cover" and for reasons other than maintaining his cover... then, I would say that is suspect... indeed.

But I'm not sure how that could get in to attack his creditability... as specific bad acts of conduct, can not be brought in... to impeach the creditiability of a witness... at least that is my understanding... reputation/opinion... that is different... but it would take other witnesses to testify to this...

Police officers are given the "benefit of the doubt" with the court... so to say, that they are telling the truth.

There is a line that police can not cross... it would be the whole "entrapment" area...Basically, it isn't entrapment if they present something to you, and you woudl do it regardless of whether or not they present it to you... it becomes entrapment if they basically force or push someone, that if they were a rational person, would do it as well. That is kind of a bad expliination... but I am kind of sick, and getting ready to workout... perhaps, my wits will be about me when I return. :)

C-ditty

C-ditty,

Ok let's say for argument purposes, there is a club where an undercover is roaming. Now he buys certain stuff from someone uses in front them and other witnesses, and keeps doing that for weeks/months every week-end.
Then one day, he busts the same guy he was buying from for weeks/months and using in front of witnesses.

When it come to trial, the cop goes on the stand swears to the bible and states that the defendent was trafficking. Then the defence lawyer during cross-examination exposes the undercover pig of buying & using on several occassions and asks him:

-How do you know for sure it was my client who sold you? You were seen by several witnesses using prior to that time. So is it possible that your judgement was somewhat impaired due to the use? You seem to be a regular user. Are you above the law....

Whether the cop answers yes or no to the questions, he is caught in a credibity trap where he has to now defend his usage and his judgement.

The point is, there has to be a line where pigs cannot cross otherwise they are violating their own oath..Not only that he just blew his cover!

Now I can see/understand if the undercover pig was using and buying shit and then set-up a big deal where all of sudden pigs in uniform show up and make the bust. Now the undercover pig does not have to go onto the stand, cause the regular ones are the ones who made the arrest. So he walks away and continues his work.

What do you think about the 2 examples. I think the 1st one is not realistic unless it's realy worth it to risk his cover and credibility. I think the 2nd is more what happens on the streets with juice, drugs and other stuff.

Note:
Please take no offense to the words "pigs". I use the term only to describe dirty cops who pretend to be your friend and then screw you, i.e. real pigs.

bro, Undercover cops are now above the law in canada, they are allowed to break laws, and not have it affect their credibility in the courts.

The law was passed last year sometime.

Hell where can I get such assignement ? Juicing for my job, for free, wow how is that I've never been offered that ?

Well in Canada undercover are above the law as long as the benefit is superior to the harm caused by breaking those laws.

Ok so if a pig is pigging out on coke & meth in front of witnesses to make a bust, how the hell can his credibility/judgement be justified in court?

No doubt they can get away with a lot of shit but they cannot get away with it in front of witnesses.

gsxr600, can you post or explain what this law states?

Ok, now that I stopped laughing, I will go down the list and believe me (look at sig) I know what I am talking about.

Dr. JK it is illegal for any cop to use any illegal drug for any reason. There are no exceptions.

Bigsatan13 No way way off.

Dr. JK the line is USE and entrapment.

Citruscide cops are given the benifit of a doubt in court or else no one would ever be convicted but while it is concievable that a cops use good come out in court and be used against the defendant it would mean the end of the cops carreer and I don't know of any cops willing to give up their carreer and pension for a good arrest.

Dr. Jk if a cop is setting up a deal, it doesn't matter who makes the arrest, he still must appear at trial. Even if an outside agency made the arrest.

And by the way if you know of a cop doing coke, weed and extasy in your presence I would stay away as he is a time bomb and will eventually get caught.

Top Bottom