Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Could I lift heavy with a hernia?

Bonkme2

About 2 weeks ago (Wednesday) my right testicle started to ache. Nothing terrible, just a little discomfort. By Friday night, it was so sore I was having problems walking normally or sitting down without alot of effort. I thought for sure that I was calling in sick for work Saturday and going to the doctor, but it was better. By Wednesday of last week, the pain in my testicle had completely disappeared and I went to the gym again.

There were no issues to speak of. It was leg day...a very light leg day...but I still squatted 225 and did some stiff leg DLs with 225.

Without the testicle discomfort, now I can feel some tenderness in my groin area/ lower abdomen. Very slight even "barely noticeable" might be a better description. I only notice it on and off throughout the day, and it seems to be getting better.

Today was a heavy back workout. I stayed away from deadlifting, just in case. But otherwise I did some DB rows, shrugs, pullups and pulldowns, all without issue.

My initial thought was that I had a hernia. But I can't feel anything protruding either through my abdomen or into my scrotum. And the fact that it feels better and better everyday leads me to believe that it's not. Wouldn't the strain from a heavy workout, the strain on my core while I stabilize my body, be enough to aggravate it?

So I thought maybe muscle strain, although I didn't notice any problems during my workoout. But why the testicle discomfort? Could there have been some initial swelling that pinched a nerve or blood vessel running into my testicle?

Or maybe an infection? and the low grade discomfort is just the last part that needs to heal?

I know a common theme is going to be "Go see a doctor." And I'm not beneath that. I just like to get a good idea of what could be possibly happening before I go, and the fact that it seems to be getting better makes it less and less of a priority.

Unless of course it really IS a hernia. Then I understand I don't really have a choice.

For what it's worth, I have nothing else wrong in the area. No weird rash, doesn't burn when I urinate, no brightly colored discharge.

Anyone have any ideas?

Top Bottom