Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Compound Lifts for Runners on Gear

st8grad

Before I get crushed on this next thread, I know....I know....I know...I am an idiot for running that much, who would want to look like a skinny marathon dweeb. To level it out, I get the same shit in reverse from runners - why would you want to lift heavy and add bulk? Weights don't do anything for runners.

Ok I run 30 miles per week - 5 days per week and probably will peak at 40 miles per week over 5 days a week. I am training for a half marathon in June and the MCM full Marathon in October. So giving up running ain't an option. Neither is cutting miles back at this point. I alternate between 3 day lifting splits, 4 day splits, and the 5 day max-ot style. I've been lifting for 10 years and running for 6 months.

I started running back in September and ever since have dropped lifting legs altogether. I admit that I have always been pretty lax on legs anyway. I do like the major lifts however - squats and deads.

How can incorporate those and a balanced leg routine back into my running regimine without killing myself with DOMS? If I do full ass to the floor squats right now, I can expect to be sore as shit for 5 days. I can run through a little soreness, but the kind that makes you feel like you have the flu cannot be back into my routine. My upper body is used to training, so typical sorness isn't ever much of an issue.

I mean is it as simple as adding in 1 set of 10 squats at something embarrasing like 135 pounds in week one the answer? Just working up from there...2 sets of 10 the next week, 3 the next and then bump up the weight and start the cycle all over again?

I am not anabolically naked right now, so I would suspect an increase in recovery rate. Just hoping to get some ideas from you guys and even from the guys cutting like crazy doing hiit cardio six days a week. Sorry for the long ass post. I can provide more details on my gear, splits, and mileage breakdown if neccessary.

Mac173 said:
bump for ya.
Eq seems to be popular w/ the runners.

Running test-e 500mg and eq 400mg per week. I'm 5'10" 195 and 12%bf. I'm trying to figure out how not to fatigue my legs so bad that it completely screws me over. Does anyone run after doing legs? I usually can't walk straight after lifting legs. I could plan it so that I lift and run on the same day and then have a complete day off the next. What I am trying to figure out even is how like collegiate or nba/nfl basketball or football players can spend all that time sprinting and running in practice, do deads and squats and box jumps and lunges, and have any kind of leg recovery and be able to perform at a top level on game day. Does spreading the sets out over three workouts help. Squats Monday, deads wednesday, lunges friday? Someone on here had to play upper division ball and can tell me how they kept there legs from dying.

I found that I couldn't run when on EQ because the pumps would get so bad in my calves that I had to stop after a mile and a half. Low dose test and deca seems to work well for me in the summer while I run a lot.

A couple summers ago I did my lower body workout on Wednesday (including squats and lunges) and run 5-8 miles on Thursday. Even though I was sore as hell when I started the run I seemed to run really fast on those Thursdays.

Last summer I just got lazy and backed way off my lower body routine (I ran 2 half-marathons last summer). Then I picked them back up in the fall and cut the running back to 2 days a week (so I could get at least 2 days of recovery after the leg workout before running).

By cutting back my running I put on 14lbs over the winter (along with the aid of a little test/primo/anadrol). Now it's spring and I plan to pick up the mileage again so I can lean out for the summer and maybe run a marathon in the fall.

I think I'll keep this schedule for a while. I like being big in the winter and lean in the summer and I get to be a body-builder half of the year and a runner the other half.

But there is no doubt that you can't do both things well at the same time.

nydj66 said:
I found that I couldn't run when on EQ because the pumps would get so bad in my calves that I had to stop after a mile and a half. Low dose test and deca seems to work well for me in the summer while I run a lot.

A couple summers ago I did my lower body workout on Wednesday (including squats and lunges) and run 5-8 miles on Thursday. Even though I was sore as hell when I started the run I seemed to run really fast on those Thursdays.

Last summer I just got lazy and backed way off my lower body routine (I ran 2 half-marathons last summer). Then I picked them back up in the fall and cut the running back to 2 days a week (so I could get at least 2 days of recovery after the leg workout before running).

By cutting back my running I put on 14lbs over the winter (along with the aid of a little test/primo/anadrol). Now it's spring and I plan to pick up the mileage again so I can lean out for the summer and maybe run a marathon in the fall.

I think I'll keep this schedule for a while. I like being big in the winter and lean in the summer and I get to be a body-builder half of the year and a runner the other half.

But there is no doubt that you can't do both things well at the same time.

Oh shit, the EQ gave you crazy pumps? I did test e, eq, and winny last summer and thought that the winny was giving me those pumps in my calves. It was just like you said at roughly the 1.5 mile mark. 1.5 mles felt like I had rode a bike up mount everest as fast as I could. Maybe I can swap in Deca for the EQ if I notice the same thing again.

Top Bottom