Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Clen and lung tissue.

This is just my theory but clen as well as ephedrine binds to beta-1-agonist receptor which are located in the heart.

Clen is more powerful than ephedrine so I think it would do more damage short term, but ephedrine is used for longer periods of time, so I would be more concerned with ephedrine use.

"This is just my theory but clen as well as ephedrine binds to beta-1-agonist receptor which are located in the heart."

Clen is considered a selective beta-2 agonist, but very few are totally selective, therefore clen can and will cross-react with the beta-1 subtype. Ephedrine, on the other hand, is non-selective, thus binding all 3 subtypes.

"Clen is more powerful than ephedrine so I think it would do more damage short term, but ephedrine is used for longer periods of time, so I would be more concerned with ephedrine use."

Clen is a stronger drug, mg/mg, compared to ephedrine, but because it is more selective for the beta-2 receptor, it is less cardio-toxic than ephedrine.

We can't yet jump to conclusions concerning cardiac hypertrophy, which many assume to be dangerous. Cardiac hypertrophy occurs with exercise and is considered beneficial. Some researchers have considered using beta-1 agonists for increasing heart strength for certain patients who are undergoing heart surgery.

Cardiac enlargement that IS considered dangerous tends to be associated with fibrosis of the heart, where sections of the heart tissue die and is replaced with scar tissue (fibrotic tissue), often due to blockage of vessels that supply blood to the cardiac tissue. Fibrous tissue has no elasticity and contractility, and is therefore non-functional.

Before anyone thinks that I am advocating large intakes of cardiac stimulants, let me clarify: I don't believe the use of large quantities of steroids, T-3, adrenergics, GH and insulin is beneficial to the heart, but I don't think that moderate use of one or more of these agents is deadly.

Cocky is correct. Clen is a selective beta-2 agonist that can and will agonize beta-1 receptors in cardiac tissue.

Left ventricular hypertrophy is somewhat common among bodybuilders and weightlifters, both natural and juiced. These are also the demographic that would use clenbuterol. Therefore one would need to examine these studies to come to any real conclusions. I would also be interested in seeing a drug profile for clen that states heart enlargement as a side effect...one that comes from a manufacturer.

Top Bottom