Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cholesterol and Lipids

ryno9000

I'm going to admit something: I don't know much about cholesterol and lipids. Isn't Cholesterol a lipid? And who really cares about cholesterol anyway? Eat some cherios and some egg whites. Boom, problem solved. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Yeah yeah, you get too high in the LDL depart and too low in the HDL department its "bad" for your heart, but how real is the risk? I mean, cholesterol seems so easy to manipulate with a little finess in the diet. Someone set my ignorant ass straight.

i believe that when your cholesterol is to high your arteries start to get restricted by a build up on the inner lining. this obviously isn't a good thing for anyone but for a bodybuilder it can definitely hinder your gains if the amount of blood (nutrients) reaching your muscles is restricted. it can also put even more stress on the heart which is definitely not wanted considering the extra amount of stress using the sauce alone causes. on the other hand it may not be that noticeable while "on" because of the increase in red blood cells. you may want to continue reading up on this because i'm going off memory right now and it's late and i'm tired. bottom line though, cholesterol isn't something you want to ignore for a long time. you can get away with it for awhile but eventually you need to get it checked out to be on the safe side, especially the older gentlemen.
i think fish oil promotes the good cholesterol that goes around "cleaning" the bad stuff out.

i hope someone with more knowledge chimes in on this because i would like to know more myself.

I'm going to admit something: I don't know much about cholesterol and lipids. Isn't Cholesterol a lipid? And who really cares about cholesterol anyway? Eat some cherios and some egg whites. Boom, problem solved. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Yeah yeah, you get too high in the LDL depart and too low in the HDL department its "bad" for your heart, but how real is the risk? I mean, cholesterol seems so easy to manipulate with a little finess in the diet. Someone set my ignorant ass straight.

its very important to keep levels in check, on a cycle you are almost always going to be off whack, but your diet can help determine just how much off... yes it is fairly easy to manipulate levels now, but as you age it can become harder and prolonged high cholesterol can lead to hardining of the arteries walls which will lead to high blood pressure meaning the heart has to work harder to pump your blood normally.. which 9 out of 10 times will lead to an enlarged heart ...

its just a trickle down effect that can lead to a host of other problems,,, better to just try to keep it in check...

the media scare of having a massive heart attack while on a cycle is b.s if your cholesterol levels are high for a while on and after a cycle, no real biggie as long as you get them back to a healthy range again.. its when you cant get them back into a normal range that problems are going to slowly start building up...

Genetically my hdl is always low.

I did just read an interesting article about butter vs. margarine however. I guess butter will raise ldl, and margarine will raise ldl and lower hdl , so you get a double whammy. Best thing is to get the trans fat free stuff.

The term 'lipids' literally means 'fats'. That includes cholestrol and triglycerides (and some other lipids). Deposition of cholestrol in arterial walls causes narrowing and formation of plaques in arterial walls. Most common cause of heart attack or stroke is rupture of plaque that creates 'stickey point' on arterial wall that leads to blood clot (or thrombus)formation that blocks the artery.

Your genes play the biggest role in determining your LDL and HDL levels (I know a pair of twin women in their twenties who had, unfortunately, LDL level of 2000).

It is difficult to improve HDL level. It is easier to decrease LDL level. Diet and loosing weight may decrease it up to 30 points. If someone's LDL is more than 30 points above target, diet and exercise is probably not going to bring it down to target. Medicines (statins) can decrease it by up to fifty percent.

AAS increases LDL and decreases HDL. Anti-estrogens have a drastic effect on HDL.

Temporary increases in lipids is known to increase stickiness of blood.

Heart attack at younger age from using AAS is very rare, but it does happen. More important probably is the total effect of long term use. That is why you have to eat right both on cycle and off cycle.

Some bros here do eat whole eggs (egg yolk has the highest amount of cholestrol of any food). Second worse food probably is red meat. Fat intake, in general, should be kept low.

Arguments can also be made those are the two best food. Eggs and Red Meat that is. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Top Bottom