Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cholesterol Levels and AAS?

Dekaxx

I have some questions that I hope some of you Vets or ones with more knowledge than me can answer.

Say your Lipids are within normal ranges; how long after you start on a cycle does it take before your Lipids can take a turn for the worse where you can see this through blood testing?

What are some ways to maintain a healthy Lipid profile while on?

Does the amount and type of AAS have different negative effects and time frame vary to produce a negative effect on your lipid profile? Say FINA or DECA and TEST for examples.

Post cycle what are some ways to help get your lipid profile back into normal ranges in the shortest amount of time if your Lipid profile cannot be controlled during a cycle?

What are some good ways to maintain your HDL in the 40-60 range?

I would appreciate some good feedback on my questions and of course K for your answers.

Dekaxx said:
I have some questions that I hope some of you Vets or ones with more knowledge than me can answer.

Say your Lipids are within normal ranges; how long after you start on a cycle does it take before your Lipids can take a turn for the worse where you can see this through blood testing?

What are some ways to maintain a healthy Lipid profile while on?

Does the amount and type of AAS have different negative effects and time frame vary to produce a negative effect on your lipid profile? Say FINA or DECA and TEST for examples.

Post cycle what are some ways to help get your lipid profile back into normal ranges in the shortest amount of time if your Lipid profile cannot be controlled during a cycle?

What are some good ways to maintain your HDL in the 40-60 range?

I would appreciate some good feedback on my questions and of course K for your answers.

Hard to say how long after the beginning of a cycle before LDL levels rise.

Some people have been using niacin but I can't vouch for that.

You could always have your doc write a script for one of the statin drugs: Lipitor, Zocor etc.

Also take in your EFA's to keep your HDL in the high range. You want that positive ratio.

DIV

Different people would react differently.
But in general, the longer you are on it, the worse would be the effect.
If you are susceptible, the higher doses would cause more adverse effect.
Anti-estrogens may be the real culprit in low HDL.
Avoid red meat. Eat a lot more fish as source of proteins.
Oat bran (and other sources of soluble fiber) and Niacin are known to help HDL cholestrol.
Lipitor is very effective medicine that is relatively safe. But it should not be taken immediately after an oral cycle.
One way you can decrease vascular damage is by keeping better than average cholestrol and HDL while you are NOT cycling.

For what its worth, Lipitor and Zocor are your best choices. They have the least amount of muscle fatigue, pain and sides. Stay away from Crestor and Lopid!

I've damn near tried them all.....

Zebo said:
For what its worth, Lipitor and Zocor are your best choices. They have the least amount of muscle fatigue, pain and sides. Stay away from Crestor and Lopid!

I've damn near tried them all.....

Muscle pain/fatigue is a rare side effect of the statin drugs, but it's VERY RARE. You're the first person I've heard of complain about muscle pain from them.

I'm taking Zocor.

DIV

DIVISION said:
Muscle pain/fatigue is a rare side effect of the statin drugs, but it's VERY RARE. You're the first person I've heard of complain about muscle pain from them.

I'm taking Zocor.

DIV
Switch to Lipitor, unless price and other factors are a consideration.
It has better effect on HDL.
Muscle damage is rare, and is reversible. Stop it if you see pink urine.
Muscle pain does happen. I myself get it for a few days when I start it, but it goes away in a few days. You can also start at a lower dose and then increase it after a few weeks.
Crestor may have higher risk of muscle damage, but it is also more effective and cheaper than Lipitor.

ANY recreational bodybuilder NOT taking preventative measures to protect against the hazards of cardiovascular risk caused by gear is simply a FOOL! Nuff said.

3-5 grams of fish oil every day (on/off gear) should be a staple in every gear user's daily protocol!!

Fish Oil is the most under-rated supplement for anyone who uses gear. The benefits are just ridiculous.

Fish oil, Glucorell, NAC (liver protection), anti-ox's............year round!!!!

Whacked said:
ANY recreational bodybuilder NOT taking preventative measures to protect against the hazards of cardiovascular risk caused by gear is simply a FOOL! Nuff said.

3-5 grams of fish oil every day (on/off gear) should be a staple in every gear user's daily protocol!!

Fish Oil is the most under-rated supplement for anyone who uses gear. The benefits are just ridiculous.

Fish oil, Glucorell, NAC (liver protection), anti-ox's............year round!!!!

I am taking 5 Grams of Cod Liver Oil a day and about 10G of Flax oil for my fat intake a day at the moment.

Have any of you ever used Red Yeast Rice suppliments and if so how did they work for you?

DIVISION said:
Hard to say how long after the beginning of a cycle before LDL levels rise.

Some people have been using niacin but I can't vouch for that.

You could always have your doc write a script for one of the statin drugs: Lipitor, Zocor etc.

Also take in your EFA's to keep your HDL in the high range. You want that positive ratio.

DIV

Div, do you take Lipitor while on to keep Lipids in check? I have said in another post that i have run across 2 people i have worked with that have had muscle problems from taking Lipitor but like i said in the past both these guys have probably only drove by a gym in years.

Any other side affects besides the muscle problems?

Dekaxx said:
Div, do you take Lipitor while on to keep Lipids in check? I have said in another post that i have run across 2 people i have worked with that have had muscle problems from taking Lipitor but like i said in the past both these guys have probably only drove by a gym in years.

Any other side affects besides the muscle problems?

I'm taking Zocor, not Lipitor. I haven't had any issues with Zocor and muscle fatigue/pain. I can only speak for Zocor and my own experience, but I plan to find out more about Lipitor based on what LoneTree/Dogoftheday/Childofthenight said.

That's funny, the two guys who told you they had muscle pain as a result of Lipitor have only driven by a gym.....much less gone inside! :lmao:

Other than muscle pain/fatigue, there are no real sides you should be concerned about regarding the statin drugs.

DIV

Top Bottom