Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cholesterol Levels and AAS?

The best cholesterol and LDL lowering medication available is "Vytorin"- it's a mixture of Zocor (which limits production) and Zetia (which limits absorption from intestine). Expensive as hell but it works. The best supplement for lowering cholesterol, hands down, is 2 glasses of red wine every day. They've just completed a massive controlled double-blind study that confirms it.

Genetic disposition and doses/duration of steroids used are probably the biggest factors, but I still don't think it warrants the use of a prescription drug to counteract the effects the AAS has on cholesterol. You are basically using one drug to combat the sides of another yet again which is probably uncecessary unless you have a history of bad cholesterol to begin with. I would almost always use a combination of policosanol, odor-controlled garlic caps, and hawthorn berry mid-through post cycle. My LDL once shot up from 156 to 202 on a 12-week sust/deca/dbol, and after just 6 weeks of 10mg policosanol ED it dropped down to 172. I'm sure had I run the herbals straight through it would have never been an issue. Cardiac health is the biggest concern for AAS users, so it would make sense to take as many precautions as possible IMO.

Nighthawkk said:
Genetic disposition and doses/duration of steroids used are probably the biggest factors, but I still don't think it warrants the use of a prescription drug to counteract the effects the AAS has on cholesterol. You are basically using one drug to combat the sides of another yet again which is probably uncecessary unless you have a history of bad cholesterol to begin with. I would almost always use a combination of policosanol, odor-controlled garlic caps, and hawthorn berry mid-through post cycle. My LDL once shot up from 156 to 202 on a 12-week sust/deca/dbol, and after just 6 weeks of 10mg policosanol ED it dropped down to 172. I'm sure had I run the herbals straight through it would have never been an issue. Cardiac health is the biggest concern for AAS users, so it would make sense to take as many precautions as possible IMO.

Right on bro. All this talk about statins and shit--it's non-sense. Before I went on juice my total Cholest was 185, my triglycerides, HDL and LDL were all in a decent range, but nothing to brag about. Then I went on Tren, Test, EQ, Supderdrol, Var, OT, Arimidex and even took Proviron, so my estro was really repressed. I even stacked Var and OT. In total, I was on Tren and orals for better than 13 or 14 weeks and then I had my C checked. And guess what? My total Cholest went from 185 to 102, my trigycerides and LDL rose a bit, but nothing alarming according to my doc. The only issue was my HDL dropped pretty low.

So how did I pull this off? Red Yeast Rice, Policonisol, Co-Q10, Beta Sisterol, Niacin (1500mg ED-don't go above that cuz it can then start fucking up your Cholesterol) and cardio. According to my doc, he'd never seen an adult with a total Cholest that low (i.e., 102). And in my whole life, I've never been that low. My doc also says there isn't anything that will raise your HDL except cardio. So for now, I've dropped the orals just to raise the HDL. But I'm not going off of the juice. I'll keep up the test, do some primo, NPP and Masteron and shitload more cardio. It's not like I need a lot more cardio for anything other than HDL. I have friggin' veins popping out of my ears. Anyway, the moral of my story is fuck all those statin drugs. Good natural supps and giving yourself a break from orals once in awhile is all it takes to keep my Cholest under control. But that's just me. Good luck to you all.

Dekaxx said:
Im not sure on Zocor and DIV is no longer on the boards....You can take Zocor, Red Yeast Rice ect during any cycle from what i understand but getting your lipids checked before, during and after is the best way to see if what your doing is working.

bump for DIV as an alter :p

yah, I'd stay away from the RX's unless absolutely necessary.... my weapons of choice to fight cholesterol are niacin, policosanol, EFA... eat lots of fish and oats... oh, switching from arimidex to aromasin as arimidex apparently kills cholesterol levels and aromasin doesn't

faaassst said:
Would grape juice have the same effect on cholesterol as red wine?

Drinking grape juice increases good cholesterol- Results of this study in the November 17 issue of the journal Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology by researchers from Boston Med. " In addition to an increase in HDL (good cholesterol) levels,... there is a significant decrease in free radical super-oxide production, and CD40 ligand, (inflammatory markers thought to contribute to heart disease).
In layman's terms:
Grape juice is an anti-oxidant and inhibits platelet aggregation and increases HDL levels. Historically this phenomenon seen with red wine was thought to be because of the alcohol in the wine. Now they're thinking it has more to do with the polyphenolic compounds found in grape juice, as well as red (not white or blush) wine.

This was a double blind, placebo-controlled study looked at 20 subjects, mean age 63 years, diagnosed with coronary artery disease and were on standard cholesterol medications, including aspirin.

Macro, I haven't forgotten you about the most recent study which said red wine still > grape juice/fish oil/niacin/etc. but I'll have that reference soon as I find it.

Top Bottom