Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cholesterol Levels and AAS?

DIVISION said:
I'm taking Zocor, not Lipitor. I haven't had any issues with Zocor and muscle fatigue/pain. I can only speak for Zocor and my own experience, but I plan to find out more about Lipitor based on what LoneTree/Dogoftheday/Childofthenight said.

That's funny, the two guys who told you they had muscle pain as a result of Lipitor have only driven by a gym.....much less gone inside! :lmao:

Other than muscle pain/fatigue, there are no real sides you should be concerned about regarding the statin drugs.

DIV

I guess i will go ahead and let my Doc prescribe me Litpitor and see how it goes, i have a 2 month supply of Red Yeast Rice waiting at the house when i get home (3 more days) as well maybe ill get the script and hold off until i see how the natural stuff works out and have the Lipitor on hand if needed.

Do you take the Zocor when your on?

Dekaxx said:
I guess i will go ahead and let my Doc prescribe me Litpitor and see how it goes, i have a 2 month supply of Red Yeast Rice waiting at the house when i get home (3 more days) as well maybe ill get the script and hold off until i see how the natural stuff works out and have the Lipitor on hand if needed.

Do you take the Zocor when your on?

I have Red Yeast Rice as well. What dosage are you taking? I haven't started using it, but I guess I should just to see how it works.

I take Zocor 24-7......

DIV

DIVISION said:
I have Red Yeast Rice as well. What dosage are you taking? I haven't started using it, but I guess I should just to see how it works.

I take Zocor 24-7......

DIV

DIV

I haven't started with the Red Yeast Rice as of yet, from what i read it has the same active ingredient in it as Lipitor and similar drugs I believe so you might want to be careful taking that along with a prescription cholesterol lowering drug might get your Lipids too low.

I have been using a Twin Labs product called Cholesterol Success which contains the plant sterols (think i spelled that correct) and claims it can lower your Lipids 24%. I have been using it for 5 weeks now along with 45 Minutes of intense cardio 9 times a week (2 times a day on non lifting days 1 time a day on lifting days) while keeping to a strict ketosis diet and Lifting 4 times a week going 2 on 1 off 2 on 1 off repeat ill know how well it has been working when I go have my Lipid profile done again next week.

When I found out I needed to get my Lipids in check from my Doc I didn’t have time too really check my options for natural supplements and grabbed the TL product at GNC because it was the day I was heading out to work. The research I have done and all I have found out Red Yeast Rice is supposed to work the best.

I’ll get my Lipid profile redone post my before and after results and then start the RYR and then have my Lipids done again in another 5-6 weeks and see where I’m at.

Ok guys the results are in.....Back in April when i posted this my Lipid panel was not good....Had i think around a 284 Total, LDL was in the 180'2 I believe and i remember specifically my HDL was 19! Not good.

I have been using Read Yeast Rice 1200 mg 2 times per day for the past 7 months and taking my EFA's, 2 times a day as well.

I had blood work done 2 weeks ago to start HRT but i do not have a copy of my Labs as of yet and im currently offshore working so when i get home ill block my personal info from the lab results and post my before and after results for my lipid profile.

I just got off the phone with my Doc and my Lipids now are...
234 Total
LDL 144
HDL 48

I think Red Yeast Rice is me new friend

:)

more importantly these compounds significantly lower LDL and VLDL.

Fish oil lowers both HDL and LDL, lowering total cholesterol. though there are studies that indicate that it can raise HDL as well.

Im oredering up some Sesamax to add to my Suppliment schedule now, i was taking quite a bit of cod liver oil suppliments until the summer months hit and dropped that because i was getting plenty of sun, my EFA's where a combination of Flax and Borage oil and some CLA thrown in for good measure.....

Im not sure on Zocor and DIV is no longer on the boards....You can take Zocor, Red Yeast Rice ect during any cycle from what i understand but getting your lipids checked before, during and after is the best way to see if what your doing is working.

Br J Nutr. 2005 Jan;93(1):131-5. Related Articles, Links

Acute administration of red yeast rice (Monascus purpureus) depletes tissue coenzyme Q(10) levels in ICR mice.

Yang HT, Lin SH, Huang SY, Chou HJ.

School of Pharmaceutical Science, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan.

In this study, we attempted to evaluate the effect of administration of a high quantity of red yeast rice on coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) synthesis in the tissues of ICR mice. Eighty-eight adult male ICR mice were housed and divided into control and experimental groups for red yeast rice treatment. Animals were gavaged with a low (1 g/kg body weight) or a high dose (5 g/kg body weight, approximately five times the typical recommended human dose) of red yeast rice dissolved in soyabean oil. After gavagement, animals of the control group were immediately killed; mice of the experimental groups (eight for each subgroup) were killed at different time intervals of 0.5, 1, 1.5, 4 and 24 h. The liver, heart and kidney were taken for analysis of monacolin K (liver only) and CoQ10 analysis. Liver and heart CoQ10 levels declined dramatically in both groups administered red yeast rice, especially in the high-dose group, within 30 min. After 24 h, the levels of hepatic and cardiac CoQ10 were still reduced. A similar trend was also observed in the heart, but the inhibitory effect began after 90 min. The higher dose of red yeast rice presented a greater suppressive effect than did the lower dose on tissue CoQ10 levels. In conclusion, acute red yeast rice gavage suppressed hepatic and cardiac CoQ10 levels in rodents; furthermore, the inhibitory effect was responsive to the doses administered

Top Bottom