Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio postworkout: should I drink my PWS after or before cardio?

Shinobi

The only time of the day I can do cardio is after my workout so should I drink my PWS before or after the cardio?

good question..

for maximum gains, I would wait more than 10min after workout to get my shake.. when dieting.. that's another story, i would wait even an hour after cardio and only then have the shake.

doing cardio after workout is the biggest BS ever. after lifting weight u are in catabolism and when u go and do cardio your body will burne muscle and not FAT.
the best way is to drop cardio after workout and if u can not do any cardio at all at least lift heavy and eat clean

Transporter said:
doing cardio after workout is the biggest BS ever. after lifting weight u are in catabolism and when u go and do cardio your body will burne muscle and not FAT.
the best way is to drop cardio after workout and if u can not do any cardio at all at least lift heavy and eat clean

Not true. Yes your body will be in a slightly more catabolic state but how long are you planning on doing cardio after weights anyway? 3 hours? Some cardio after a weight training workout will burn more bodyfat since your glycogen levels have been more depleted during your weight training workout and thus your body will be in a more efficient state at burning bodyfat after doing the weights.

Mike P.T. said:

Not true. Yes your body will be in a slightly more catabolic state but how long are you planning on doing cardio after weights anyway? 3 hours? Some cardio after a weight training workout will burn more bodyfat since your glycogen levels have been more depleted during your weight training workout and thus your body will be in a more efficient state at burning bodyfat after doing the weights.

Mike hit the nail on the head, your glycogen levels will be depleted so your body will use the aerobic system to get energy instead of glycolysis.

SO - should you wait until after the cardio session to drink the shake? I lean towards waiting until after the entire workout - if not, your body will burn the shake you drank. Therefore, your muscles won't get the nutrients and you missed out on the fat burning. Right? :)

Mike P.T. said:

Hi Mike, and u are a personal trainer, right?
I can only be so sorry about your clients.
remember one thing, once u finish your workkout your body will be in catabolic state, thats why u need postworkout shake.
prolonging catabolic state with additional cardio will not benefit u in any way.
Mike hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!

Daisy_Girl said:
SO - should you wait until after the cardio session to drink the shake? I lean towards waiting until after the entire workout - if not, your body will burn the shake you drank. Therefore, your muscles won't get the nutrients and you missed out on the fat burning. Right? :)

if thats you in your avatar.....pm me :p

Transporter said:

Hi Mike, and u are a personal trainer, right?
I can only be so sorry about your clients.
remember one thing, once u finish your workkout your body will be in catabolic state, thats why u need postworkout shake.
prolonging catabolic state with additional cardio will not benefit u in any way.
Mike hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!

you obviously don't know shit about exercise physiology, you have been reading too many muscle mags son

Top Bottom