Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

car accident

classy65gmc

Not steroids related, but I was backing out of a space at burger king last week and a guy backed into me after honking 3 times. He is in a piece of junk 99 sebring thats all busted up already. My avalanche has not even a scratch on it and his tailights busted. I kinda felt like I was at fault because I didnt even see him, but the more Ive thought about it It feels like it was set up. I offered to replace the taillight, then he emails me saying the bumper bracket is bent, and wants a new bumper. My question is if 2 people are both backing out of spots in a shopping center(private property) then are both at fault?? No police report was filed.

classy65gmc said:
Not steroids related, but I was backing out of a space at burger king last week and a guy backed into me after honking 3 times. He is in a piece of junk 99 sebring thats all busted up already. My avalanche has not even a scratch on it and his tailights busted. I kinda felt like I was at fault because I didnt even see him, but the more Ive thought about it It feels like it was set up. I offered to replace the taillight, then he emails me saying the bumper bracket is bent, and wants a new bumper. My question is if 2 people are both backing out of spots in a shopping center(private property) then are both at fault?? No police report was filed.

should have taken pics man.

deny you did anything wrong.

depends on your state. most states use comparative or modified comparative negligence laws. simple explanation is you pay damages according to the amount you're at fault. if you're 60% at fault you pay 60% of the damages.

if you're in a contributory negligence state he wins. :)

for something this minor you should never let it get to court so give the flake a couple hundred bucks and get a litigation waiver from him so he'll go away.

I had a very similar situation happen to me. I was 3/4 out the space and turning when another lady starts backing out of a space behind me and hits the back corner of my car with the the middle of her bumper. I thought I would be in the right but the cop said we were both at fault.

Perp

Top Bottom