Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cap-m-quik sizes? help me cap my r-ala

Dr.RobertBanner

Hey I just ordered my bulk r-ALA, and want to cap it at 200-250mg per cap. Which size cap should I use and how much (if any) corn starch should I cut it with?

half and half packed in a size 1 cap is what I've figured for 250mg a cap

My cap-m-quik device came with size 0 caps (I think) how much would I have to cut it? will the size 1's fit in mine cap-m-quik device?

Please double check my math!

Ok so I've got the size "0" so thats what I'll use. So that means for

300 caps of 250mg each (75gm of r-ALA)

I need to add 129gm of cornstarch? (For a total of 204gm/300 caps=680mg?)

I don't really want to buy a scale, couldn't I figure the dry measurement of cornstarch and measure it by volume?

Re: Please double check my math!

Dr.RobertBanner said:

I don't really want to buy a scale, couldn't I figure the dry measurement of cornstarch and measure it by volume?

No.

Flaming Hetero gave you "rules of thumb." Not exact capsule space. The problem all product manufacturers face here is DENSITY.

You can fit 1,000mg of one substance in a single 0 cap... yet only 200mg of another in the same single 0 cap. Fluffy herb powders are notorious for taking up space in caps... giving little bang for the buck.

Call your manucturer and ask what the density is on your r-ALA... and ask specifically how much will fit in a single 0 cap. They will have that info on a spec sheet.

Then, make only small test batches till you see that what is on paper transfers to the real world.

Re: Please double check my math!

Dr.RobertBanner said:

No.

Flaming Hetero gave you "rules of thumb." Not exact capsule space. The problem all product manufacturers face here is DENSITY.

You can fit 1,000mg of one substance in a single 0 cap... yet only 200mg of another in the same single 0 cap. Fluffy herb powders are notorious for taking up space in caps... giving little bang for the buck.

Call your manufacturer and ask what the density is on your r-ALA... and ask specifically how much will fit in a single 0 cap. They will have that info on a spec sheet.

Then, make only small test batches till you see that what is on paper transfers to the real world.

You guys are making a mistake trying to hand cap r-ALA. I have posted this before. If you don't know how to handle this material and what to mix it with you will have a "pile of yellow waxy material" as one lab tech called it, and it will be no good anymore. It will convert back to racemic. I won't bother to keep posting this anymore, but let no one say I didn't try to warn you.

ulter said:
You guys are making a mistake trying to hand cap r-ALA. I have posted this before. If you don't know how to handle this material and what to mix it with you will have a "pile of yellow waxy material" as one lab tech called it, and it will be no good anymore. It will convert back to racemic. I won't bother to keep posting this anymore, but let no one say I didn't try to warn you.

I never read that, thanks ulter.

So what should I do with it? Can you tell me what I need to do to cap it or how best to use it? Mix it with oil maybe take it by mouth?

Top Bottom