Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can you avoid long term metabolic slowdown with long term weight loss

Lao Tzu

I was looking at the national weight control registry (a group where people who have lost weight and kept it off for several years sign up) and they stated that the average caloric intake was about 1400 calories a day and that they did 400 calories a day in exercise. I know that the average weight of a member is about 160 (but i cant remember where i found it) so that comes out to barely 8.75 calories/lb bodyweight for an active lifestyle. This is near starvation levels of calorie/lb ratio but they are just using to to maintain bodyweight.

What i dont get is how they can keep saying there is no long term metabolic slowdown as a result of losing weight while they imply that 8.75 calories per lb for an active lifestyle is normal. that it not normal 12 is usually the minimum. Hell if they cut out the exercise then they would only need 1000 calories a day at 160lbs to maintain bodyweight.

is long term t3 supplementation (although very dangerous) the only way to avoid this fate?

I know bodybyfinaplix has lost alot of fat but his metabolism seesm to be running smoothly.

i know this belongs on the diet board but not as many people hang out over there to inform me.

nordstrom said:
is long term t3 supplementation (although very dangerous) the only way to avoid this fate?

I completely disagree with this statement.......:although VERY dangerous".

Re: Re: Can you avoid long term metabolic slowdown with long term weight loss

drveejay11 said:

I completely disagree with this statement.......:although VERY dangerous".

explain why then. i thought T3 usage could permanantly alter your bodies production. Besides you'd have to supplement with T3 for life no matter what.

I must ba a lucky one then, I lost a .huge amount of weight 5 years ago and keep myself sub 10 body fat . Now consuming 3000 calories daily maintenance

In my opinion, the solution to this problem is to take a few weeks off of your diet every few months to eat more and try to restore some of the last muscle mass by lifting weights. Restoring lost muscle mass is the only way you'll raise your metabolism back to its previous level. To add muscle mass, you'll almost always have to be in a positive caloric balance, so that means eating more and unfortunately gaining some of the fat back. This cycle of building muscle then losing fat then restoring lost muscle while hopefully adding a little more, is what bodybuilders have been successfully doing for over 40 years.

Top Bottom