Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can someone provide evidence that finasteride protects the prostate?

athlete03

Please. I want this to be true. I've read many times on the board that finasteride is a prostate protectant and should be taken with test. Can anybody provide evidence to suggest this? Por favor.

Well considering Proscar is 5mg of finasteride and the primary use of this medication is for treatment of the prostate - I'd say there's no need. If you doubt, look it up on the net or check the PDR.

I don't know if there are more effective things out these days for prostate specific problems (not an area of my personal interest:) ) but perhaps they have come up with better things.

MadCow1 said:
Well considering Proscar is 5mg of finasteride and the primary use of this medication is for treatment of the prostate - I'd say there's no need. If you doubt, look it up on the net or check the PDR.

I don't know if there are more effective things out these days for prostate specific problems (not an area of my personal interest:) ) but perhaps they have come up with better things.

Madcow, congradulations, you just made me feel like a complete idiot. I didn't know Proscar was just finasteride. Thanks.

Does anyone know if finasteride affects IGF1 levels?

Sorry man - I didn't intend to come off sarcastic. Sort of funny though that propecia is quite a bit more expensive pill for pill yet contains only 1/5 the active ingredient.

Bullshit drug companies - like BTG having exclusive right to oxandrolone for 7 years under a new aids medication bill when the drug is ancient and should be available in generic at this point. Not to mention the huge price hike to $3.5 per 2.5mg pill. I wonder if Unimed did the same thing with A50.

Anyway, not sure about IGF1 but finasteride is shown to increase blood levels of testosterone while decreasing conversion to DHT over longer periods (this is fact and proven - you can find the science in several areas - I searched under "finasteride" AND "testosterone" before on google). So if T is elevated does that mean more conversion to Estrogren or higher IGF1 levels...you got me at that point.

Thanks for the info moo. You didn't come off as sarcastic at all, I was just being humorous. Seriously though, thanks.

Top Bottom