Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can Proviron CAUSE gyno?

Krazykat

I posted this on cuttingedgemuscle and Nandi12 reckons it could since it increases the estrogen to androgen level according to him!

Although to my knowledge it has not been documented in the medical literature specifically for Proviron, there is a well established mechanism whereby drugs that bind strongly to SHBG can cause gyno. Both estrogen and testosterone circulate bound to SHBG; however estrogen is bound much less strongly than testosterone, so agents like Proviron preferentially displace estrogen rather than testosterone from SHBG, leading to higher circulating levels of free estrogens. This phenomenon is discussed here:
http://www.endotext.org/male/male14/male14.htm
DISPLACEMENT OF ESTROGENS FROM SHBG
Another cause of gynecomastia from estrogen excess includes steroid displacement from sex-hormone binding globulin (SHBG). SHBG binds androgens more avidly than estrogen. Thus, any condition or drug that can displace steroids from SHBG, will more easily displace estrogen, allowing for higher circulating levels of estrogen.

People`s opinon?

hmmm..this is interesting??

why would proviron give you gyno when its supposed to be anti-e to prevent it!

Proviron info:

Although this steroid is strongly androgenic, the anabolic effect of it is considered too weak for muscle building purposes. This is due to the fact that Proviron is rapidly reduced to inactive metabolites in muscle tissue, a trait also characteristic of dihydrotestosterone, The belief that the weak anabolic nature of this compound indicated a tendency to block the androgen receptor in muscle tissue, thereby reducing the gains of other more potent muscle building steroids, should likewise not be taken seriously. In fact due to its extremely high affinity for plasma binding proteins such as SHBG, Proviron may actually work to potentate the activity of other steroids by displacing a higher percentage into a free, unbound state. Among athletes Proviron is primarily used as an antiestrogen. It is believed to act as an antiaromatase in the body, preventing or slowing the conversion of steroids into estrogen. The result is somewhat comparable to Arimidex (though less profound), the drug acting to prevent the buildup of estrogen in the body. This is in contrast to Nolvadex, which only blocks the ability of estrogen to bind and activate receptors in certain tissues. The anti-aromatization effect is preferred, as it is a more direct and efficient means of dealing with the problem of estrogenic side effects. A related disadvantage to Nolvadex is that if discontinued too early, a rebound effect may occur as high serum estrogen levels are again free to take action. This of course could mean a rapid onset of side effects such as gynecomastia and water retention. Most athletes actually prefer to use both Proviron and Nolvadex,especially during strongly estrogenic cycles. With each item attacking estrogen at a different angle, side effects are often greatly minimized.

Any other thoughts from anyone??

bump^^

peace bros
:)

my thoughts are that it has never been shown or reported to cause gyno and that it has never been demonstrated to act as an anti-e. For all these writeups touting it as an anti-e i haveyet to see one study demonstrating this. It might serve as a pro-sexual aid but for most purposes i see no reason to spend money on it, buy more test or some real anti-e's.

jb

I don't know who Nandi is, but he doesnt know what he's talking about. Proviron is basically DHT and DHT can not aromatize.

DHT also slows the conversion of T to e, making it a very effective anti e.

hey guys

thanks for the response

nandi`s point it to do with its shbg binding properties. His argument is since shbg binds to estrogen less well than testosterone then when proviron binds to it, more estrogen is released than testosterone from it. Thats his argument.....

Krazykat said:
hey guys

thanks for the response

nandi`s point it to do with its shbg binding properties. His argument is since shbg binds to estrogen less well than testosterone then when proviron binds to it, more estrogen is released than testosterone from it. Thats his argument.....

What?

My two questions:

1. Does this mean all drugs that displace steroids at SHBG potentially relase more estrogen than androgen?
2. Does the remaining unbound DHT from Proviron increase the estrogen to androgen ratio enough to stop any estrogen effects?

From article above:
NON-TUMOR CAUSES OF ESTROGEN EXCESS

DISPLACEMENT OF ESTROGENS FROM SHBG

Another cause of gynecomastia from estrogen excess includes steroid displacement from sex-hormone binding globulin (SHBG). SHBG binds androgens more avidly than estrogen. Thus, any condition or drug that can displace steroids from SHBG, will more easily displace estrogen, allowing for higher circulating levels of estrogen. Drugs can cause gynecomastia by numerous mechanisms besides displacement from SHBG. These drugs and their mechanisms will be addressed in a subsequent section.

Top Bottom