Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can I get some help with HCG please?

Smokescreen

Experienced Noob
Platinum
Does HCG cause water retention? Is it necessary to take an anti-aroma while on HCG? And how can one get desensitized to HCG?

Carth said:
Does HCG cause water retention? Is it necessary to take an anti-aroma while on HCG? And how can one get desensitized to HCG?

1. I don't think it does, not really sure about that one.
2. I would think not given what it is used for (to help bring your boys back to full size before starting PCT)
3. Using to much at once will desensitize you, I believe.

Bump for better answers.

I'll take a shot...

1&2: It prolly won't cause alot of water retention, but it does cause a huge spike in estrogen levels. So prolly no on the water retention, but an anti-e is HIGHLY recommended.
3: There's not a definite time frame or dosage on this, but high doses over a long period of time can cause desentization. For PCT, Dr.J advocates 1000IU MWF for 3 weeks and has never had an issue with desentization.

Bonkme2 said:
I'll take a shot...

1&2: It prolly won't cause alot of water retention, but it does cause a huge spike in estrogen levels. So prolly no on the water retention, but an anti-e is HIGHLY recommended.
3: There's not a definite time frame or dosage on this, but high doses over a long period of time can cause desentization. For PCT, Dr.J advocates 1000IU MWF for 3 weeks and has never had an issue with desentization.

nail on the head

k for you

Here is a quick quote from one of the sticky's:

HCG administration post-cycle is common practice among bodybuilders in the belief that it will aid the natural testosterone recovery, but this theory is unfounded and also counterproductive. The rapid rise in both testosterone, and thus oestrogen due to aromatisation, from the administration of HCG causes further inhibition of the HPTA (Hypothalamic/Pituitary/Testicular Axis - feedback loop discussed above); this actually worsens the recovery situation. HCG does not restore the natural testosterone production.

The typically observed dosing of 2000 to 5000IU every 4 to 5 days causes such an increase in oestrogen levels via aromatisation of the natural testosterone that this has been responsible for many cases of gynecomastia.

So I am guessing that if you are taking large amounts of HCG there could be some sides as mentioned. If gyno is possible I would assume water retention is too.
If HCG is taken to often it has been shown to desensitize LH2. I don't believe taking it in small doses (500iu's) twice a week is enough to do that.

Hope that helps!
Good Luck!!!

Carth said:

HCG does cause water retention.

Staying on HCG for more than three weeks without at least a month off in between HCG cycles could cause permanent gonadal dysfunction and/or desensitizing of Leydig cells.

Carth said:

If HCG is taken over many weeks and in high dosages, it is possible that the testes will respond poorly to a later HCG intake and a release of the body's own LH. This could result in a permanent inadequate gonadal function. Also shooting HCG at too high of a dosage can actually induce gyno...You should only run HCG for 3 weeks max....Start at around 3000iu every 5 days for the first 2 shots then decrease to 1500iu...Always start nolva after the 2nd or 3rd shot and never use arimidex or femera during your pct for it cause nolva to not work as effectively being that nolva is basically a week estrogen!

Top Bottom