Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calcium Magnesium

nEwSkIn

Hi!

I´m thinking about supplementing with a calcium magnesium pill.

The purpose is to up the magnesium in my system, but I´ve read that if you have too much magnesium your calcium stores get depleted?

So is a 1:1 ratio of calcium magnesium ok? Also, doesn´t one taken at the same time of the other cause absorption difficulties? Or does this only happen when zinc and calcium are taken together?

thanx!

Calcium and magnesium work together to speed up absorption rates in the body. A 1:1 ratio is fine for these two supplements.

thanx bro,

what do you think about a deficiency in these to minerals be linked to difficult in digestion and constipation?

I´m going to try them for this purpose

Also I think I won´t have to worry about potassium because I think I get enough in my diet

A deficiency in these minerals will also lead to a reduction in muscle growth... which is more important for our purposes. A 1:1 ratio should be fine. Make sure you take in vit D with the calcium if you wish to actually absorb it.

nEwSkIn, I'll say this. Our modern diets are dramatically stripped of vitamins and minerals. There are some good guidelines that apply to supplementation for the average person as well as athletes, but the only way to really quantify one's personal needs is through testing.

If you think something's wrong, I wouldn't hesitate to see your doctor. If your doctor can't assess you or at least have a lengthy discussion with you, SEE A BETTER DOCTOR!

Also increasing your intake of Cal/Mag will bring down blood pressure. Another side benefit for those that juice.

Top Bottom