Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

But Wait......I thought global warming was a myth?

it's ok.. with china stopping their industrial revolution (after all who's buying anything) the air should clear up by next week..

and with all the volcano's erupting putting that much ash in the atmosphere we should see the next ice age in about 12,000 years if we don't do something to stop those polluting volcanoes..

Well then why is he arguing with me?

because he thinks you are an alarmist. In earlier posts he said he believes the general trend is due to natural forces, as do I. No one here is calling GW a myth. We're just debating that we don't believe it's due to man made influences.

"whatsupwiththat.com"...???? seriously, I feel retarded for having clicked on that link. If the numbers they're talking about in that article are substantiated, than SURELY this will be written about somewhere else....especially conservative outlets that latch on to every single anti GW research that comes out, no matter who conducted that research.

No, its just you.

Instead of an article from more than 3 years ago, heres an article (with actual data, not just some sob story about a polar bear) from a little more than 3 days ago.

Revealed: Antarctic ice growing, not shrinking « Watts Up With That?

Um, excuse me? I never said global warming is "just a heat wave." I said a heat wave is not indicative of global warming and that global warming is imperceptible to humans because it is so freaking slow. As i said, like one degree per century. So when people are flipping out about a heat wave being global warming, yes, they are fucking idiots.

nef....you have to understand this point.....this isn't about temperatures getting warmer, despite the fact it's called "global warming". In fact, quite the opposite is bound to happen as the earth tries to "right" itself. I'm not going to get into the argument over whether global warming is man made or not, because there is "some" substantial debate still there to be flesched out. However, what is non debateable are the consequences. What most normal people out there who have never studied the sciences don't understand is that everything in the universe is a "system". And systems tend not to like being fucked with. The earth is a "system". You unbalance something somewhere and it will want to get back to "equilibrium" or whatever. And the way the earth may go about doing that may make things unpleasant for human life. As we can see it's already making things unpleasant for certain animals in certain locations. Years ago before this was given any real thought, people were saying that within a decade allergies would start to skyrocket......and waddya know they were right. I don't know the exact specifics of why, but irritants like pollen and such are getting stronger and stronger every year because of the "system" getting imbalanced. I never had allergies in my entire life until the last couple years. There's just so much shit that isn't getting swept away anymore because the wind patterns are shifting because this ice is melting or this forest isn't producing this anymore....it's ridiculous to keep track of, everything is intertwined.

I'm not suggesting we completely halt the modern industrial/technological economy, but we need to chill a minute and figure things out before we move forward. The next 5-10 years are going to be staggering in terms of technological changes, and we need to know exactly what we're doing BEFORE we bring alot of this stuff to market........nanotechnology for one has the potential to be very dangerous, but also amazing in what it can bring us. What people did 500 years ago had very little impact on the environment......today, what some little nerd in some university laboratory is working on could potentially irrevocably harm the environment.

So your point about GW being imperciptable to humans is right on......but that one degree a year can have fantastic consequences on other parts of the environment which has effects on another thing than on and on.........I don't know where humans are on that totem pole, but I'm guessing we're not too far from the top. If we see environments springing up around the globe where certain virus's and bacteria can grow more quickly and more easily therefor mutating much more rapidly, that can fuck with humans real quick can't it?

"whatsupwiththat.com"...???? seriously, I feel retarded for having clicked on that link. If the numbers they're talking about in that article are substantiated, than SURELY this will be written about somewhere else....especially conservative outlets that latch on to every single anti GW research that comes out, no matter who conducted that research.

Bor, it linked an article in The Australian. That website just reprinted it. That's like saying you wouldn't trust a NYT article because it was linked from the Drudge Report.

I did read them. They are basically saying that 1 year of ice growth and cooler temperatures erases the last 50 years of documented melting and temperature rise.

Look at the chart here. Global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can see there are peaks and valleys but the general trend is a warming one. Look how steeply it rises from 1980 on.

those sharp spikes are the result of the earth doing "something" to maintain equilibrium, but you'er right the overall trend is toward melting and the earth clearly doesn't like that and we se it doing something about it. But in doing so some other part of the globe get's unbalanced.

Bor, it linked an article in The Australian. That website just reprinted it. That's like saying you wouldn't trust a NYT article because it was linked from the Drudge Report.

who were the people who conducted the study? I apologize, I don't know what the "australian" was. It just came across as a blog site and I HATE BLOG SITES because they hardly ever link to anything substantiated. Again, my bad.

who were the people who conducted the study? I apologize, I don't know what the "australian" was. It just came across as a blog site and I HATE BLOG SITES because they hardly ever link to anything substantiated. Again, my bad.

I'm gonna start a blog. You better fucking read it.

Top Bottom