Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Broke leg in car accident, when to cycle again?

BEEFCAKEZ

So i broke my right leg in a car accident about 6 weeks ago, and I will be able to start walking in about 5-6 weeks. Broke my femur and damaged my tibia so they had to extract some bone from my hip.

Done one cycle before, and I have lost some size overall since the accident. I know I should be healed fully before starting anything, but what do you think? When can I start cycling again?

Right leg lost basically all muscle so far since accident.

I would suggest you let the physical therapist know you are eager to get back into lifting weights so they can move you in that direction as quickly as possible. I would then suggest that you tweak your bulking diet and do lots of exercises that force your legs to work independently (i.e. single leg presses). IMO, once you have your hurt leg back to where it matches your other leg in strength and size, it would be safe to consider a cycle again.

when you re-gain your conditioning

if you have been lifting for years you will be shocked when you stop lifting how much strength you lose by stopping cold like that.

if you can use your upper body I would still work it out, had a buddy who blew out his right knee and just worked his upper body for 6 months, then once he was healthy worked hard on his lower body and before long was back to setting PR's on his lifts.. so don't be discouraged, but it will take a lot of hard work

on the bright side you will allow your soft tissues in your neck and back to relax for a little while something that many lifters desperately need

I feel you bro. I lost two cycles due to a serious knee and ankle injury. Get healed quick. I just felt once my body had recovered (and doc said I was healed) I worked hard to get myself in decent shape and then got back on a cycle. My body really responded well once I was on again.

About single leg presses, should i work both legs? Won't my good leg always be stronger than my broken leg? Or will my broken leg eventually catch up when my good leg is plateuing on leg exercises?

How long did your buddy use to get back to doing PR's after he got healthy?

muscle memory is real man.. the guy has been lifting and working out since he was like 8. so he was able to come back fast.. like 6 months after he started working out again he was back to hitting PR's.

so it just depends on how much memory you've built up over the years and your genetics etc.

bone heals, just make sure it heals up well for you. muscles heal. tendons and ligaments don't heal so nice.

Top Bottom