Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This blows (home gym help, please).

Megamorph

I am having trouble affording adequate food, and I want to make myself less of a burden on my family (which is having financial troubles, which are getting even worse), so I am considering stopping my gym membership. I plan to buy an EZ-bar, plates, and some sort of supercheap shitty rack so I can get the bar on my back for squats. A full-size Olympic barbell is too long to fit in my attic, considering I am not the only one living in it. Jeeze, I sure am "roughing it" if I choose to go this route, but I think it is the right thing to do. I have already cancelled all future cycles except for my Superclen which should hopefully be on its way soon. I figure, since I do mainly basic compound movements anyway, I will not suffer much, and may even save some money that would have to go for gas.

I figure I can do squats, powercleans, behind neck presses, close-grip presses, rows, stiff-legged deadlifts, curls, and a few more exercises to continue my quest for size and strength. If anyone knows of a good place to find a cheap (it can be flimsy, I don't give a shit at this point) rack or uprights of some sort, it would be a big help. Later. I thank God I don't have to pay for the internet, or that would be going as well.

Megamorph said:
I am having trouble affording adequate food, and I want to make myself less of a burden on my family (which is having financial troubles, which are getting even worse), so I am considering stopping my gym membership. I plan to buy an EZ-bar, plates, and some sort of supercheap shitty rack so I can get the bar on my back for squats. A full-size Olympic barbell is too long to fit in my attic, considering I am not the only one living in it. Jeeze, I sure am "roughing it" if I choose to go this route, but I think it is the right thing to do. I have already cancelled all future cycles except for my Superclen which should hopefully be on its way soon. I figure, since I do mainly basic compound movements anyway, I will not suffer much, and may even save some money that would have to go for gas.

I figure I can do squats, powercleans, behind neck presses, close-grip presses, rows, stiff-legged deadlifts, curls, and a few more exercises to continue my quest for size and strength. If anyone knows of a good place to find a cheap (it can be flimsy, I don't give a shit at this point) rack or uprights of some sort, it would be a big help. Later. I thank God I don't have to pay for the internet, or that would be going as well.

I have a bench and safety stands in (1) my parents home, (2) in my condo in Chicago, and (3) in my new residence in Calif. I paid $250 for the one in my condo in Chicago. I have a mega-bench from www.newyorkbarbells.com and 400# of weights. Make me an offer and let me know where you are located. If my brother doesn't want the one at my parents, I will ship it to you if you pay shipping costs. Where are you located? I appreciate where you are coming from.

i work out at home....got a smith machine, fully adjustable bench, 500 or so lbs of weights, every bar and dumbell available....and i do alright. :) working out at home is better. no bullshit and you use more of the free weight movements. only thing is squats and heavy shit...but that is why i got a smith machine. but i see no problem here. my smith machine cost $400 new...so figure you could even get away with a new power rack for well under $200??? used even better. and your set, with a bench and some basic weight equipment that is dime a dozen everywhere.

If you are a college student your school should have a gym you can workout at for free. If not get a job at a local gold's or something one day per week. Then you get a free membership.

didn't think i would get a response from a (|) who can't build his body with free weights and a bench and rack. :)

Top Bottom