Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bloodwork: Four Weeks Off

I hope your doc is cool enough not to have written your steroid use in your records.

Regardless, kudos to you for watching out for your health. The lack of medical supervision is one of the major problems with the whole anti-steroid thing which it seems is only getting worse thanks to some baseball tell-alls trying to sell some books.

as far as for the policosanol I believe it is 20 mg a day... also something unique about policosanol is that it has a anti-platelet effect similar to aspirin at 100mg/day.

sorry for intruding.. but im going to school in a different area then home... where should i get blood work done.. i plan on doing it, and there are plenty of hospitals around where i am now. so do I just go in to get blood work done and no problems?

Madcow2 said:
I hope your doc is cool enough not to have written your steroid use in your records.

Regardless, kudos to you for watching out for your health. The lack of medical supervision is one of the major problems with the whole anti-steroid thing which it seems is only getting worse thanks to some baseball tell-alls trying to sell some books.

good point madcow. i have learned after this whole thing that my doc is a bit of an opportunist. he is using this experience to write a paper about the side effects of steroids and how doctors may mistakenly prescribe meds (cholesterol lowering meds, BP meds) when AAS users hide their usage and cannot explain away their elevated bloodwork.

he is a younger doc, about 38, and i suspect using this to further his career. ambition is a trait i recognize.

he sent me endless emails asking question about what i used, where i got my AAS, dosages, sides effects. i found it intrusive but gave him some info with the stipulation that none of this goes in my file. i am an insurance man and not unaware of the problems this could cause if in my medical records.

i am off to work now but will post more on this later if anyone else is interested. my doc's actions really surprised me in his dogged determination to get info from me. enough where i am thinking of dropping him.

glennds said:
good point madcow. i have learned after this whole thing that my doc is a bit of an opportunist. he is using this experience to write a paper about the side effects of steroids and how doctors may mistakenly prescribe meds (cholesterol lowering meds, BP meds) when AAS users hide their usage and cannot explain away their elevated bloodwork.

he is a younger doc, about 38, and i suspect using this to further his career. ambition is a trait i recognize.

he sent me endless emails asking question about what i used, where i got my AAS, dosages, sides effects. i found it intrusive but gave him some info with the stipulation that none of this goes in my file. i am an insurance man and not unaware of the problems this could cause if in my medical records.

i am off to work now but will post more on this later if anyone else is interested. my doc's actions really surprised me in his dogged determination to get info from me. enough where i am thinking of dropping him.

How did you breech the topic to begin with??? Did you start of by " I know this guy that..." , "Hypothetically speaking, say i took...", or did you just tell him and find out afterward whether or not there was gonna be anything put in your record??

glennds said:

Make it an even trade. Tell him everything he wants to know (don't mention specific internet boards and sources obviously) and in return he keeps an ultra close monitor on your health - make him absorb your copays too since this is partly for his benefit. Next time you are there, make him show you the file (don't let him know in advance) and make damn sure that stuff isn't in there. If it is, I'm not sure what you can do - in the old days just tear out the pages and walk out. Nowadays, with computer records...not so sure. Steroids are a hot topic now so I can see why he wants to publish something and get his name out there in the journals. That said, you should benefit in some way for helping him so let him do his part for you.

probably the most ignored part of doing a cycle! Way to go bro, you did the right thing and glad to hear enzymes are back to normal! Try to deal with the cholesterol w/o the drugs for now.

sweed said:
sorry for intruding.. but im going to school in a different area then home... where should i get blood work done.. i plan on doing it, and there are plenty of hospitals around where i am now. so do I just go in to get blood work done and no problems?

^^^

you do not walk into a hospital and ask for bloodwork. it is normally something your doc orders for you, or performs in his office. bloodwork is typical when you get a checkup.

Top Bottom