Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bloodwork! Doctor Swale, anyone?

JKurz1

Banned
COuple of quick questions........Just for learning purposes, I was curious on a few things. What exactly will effect your bloodwork, t-level, cort., insulin scores from being completely inaccuarte. I mean not just a little off, but to the the extreme?

Obvoiusly, one needs to fast for 10-12 hours, that's a given for insulin purposes. Anything else?

Light/moderate cardio a few hours beforehand, will this effect results?

Inadequate sleep or being overtrained? Won't this effect cort. levels?

What about excess alcohol consumption or rec. drug use the night before? Does this have an effect?

How about a high fat meal as your last meal of the day the night before? What about a low fat meal, high in sugar? Big K....much thanks!

JKurz1 said:
COuple of quick questions........Just for learning purposes, I was curious on a few things. What exactly will effect your bloodwork, t-level, cort., insulin scores from being completely inaccuarte. I mean not just a little off, but to the the extreme?

Obvoiusly, one needs to fast for 10-12 hours, that's a given for insulin purposes. Anything else?

Should have no effect, but it may help you registed a lower blood sugar.

This may have an effect on your test levels and possibly cort, but not to a huge degree as in you needing HRT.

What about excess alcohol consumption or rec. drug use the night before? Does this have an effect?

This one i amnot sure about, and by recreational drugs you mean stuff like cannabis? If so then no, but who knows with other stuff like coke, it's anyone's guess.

How about a high fat meal as your last meal of the day the night before? What about a low fat meal, high in sugar? Big K....much thanks!

Any of the things you mentioned taken to the extreme can have an effect on your blood work, but if your blood profiles are really out of whack as a result then there may be a problem. I asked my doctor in the past about and he seemed to think that fasting for the night before is all you need to do.

Great stuff Bro.....All your answers seem good and K to you....maybe there are some other brothers out there with knowledge on this too.....

JKurz1 said:

The biggest factors are: Amount of rest, fasting, and prescription medication interactions. Generally, you want to get a good nights rest (6-8 hours) and fast 12 hours beforehand to give an accurate representation of testosterone, blood glucose, cholesterol, and cortisol results. And like I mentioned earlier, prescription medications can drastically alter some stuff such as blood glucose and testosterone results.

so we've established that fasting 10-12 hours is a MUST.

Getting at least 6 hours of sleep is a MUST!

AND some prescriptions will f-up you results to a point where inaccurate readings are given.

The two areas that are gray are -

Using drugs/alcohol the night before. Moderate amount ok?

Weight training and/or cardio beforhand - WILL NOT effect results?

I'm a patient of Swale. One of my labs was done when I was cutting. I did alot of cardio that week and the same day. And, I fucked up and drank alot the night before. (I know stupid) But, the only thing that it did was show up I was dehydrated as hell. Everthing else was still great.

Are you trying to lower your test levels to get HRT? If you are, and are 30 or above your should qualify.

awittyusername said:
I'm a patient of Swale. One of my labs was done when I was cutting. I did alot of cardio that week and the same day. And, I fucked up and drank alot the night before. (I know stupid) But, the only thing that it did was show up I was dehydrated as hell. Everthing else was still great.

Are you trying to lower your test levels to get HRT? If you are, and are 30 or above your should qualify.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! I want to make sure I DON'T do anything to mess with my scores. I just want to know what effects certain things will have. If you drank the night before, that's not exactly fasting for 10-12 hours.......I would think it would mess up scores pretty badly. Cardio has no effect? So, the only thing we are saying is pres. drugs and food are the only two concerpts to be aware of???

I drank at least 12hrs before my lab. And, I didn't have to fast. The only lab I had to fast for Swale was the first one.

Cardio had no effect on me.

For the most accurate labs I would say do what you normally do (besides fasting). This is how your body is 90% of the time so this is what you want to know.

Good luck Ohio bro!

I plan on eating my normal course (9pmish) sleep till my spinning class that I have to instruct at 7am, and go get the blood work done at 8am.......I should be ok right? Last thing I want to do is mess up these tests....How can alcohol and/or mary jane not hae an effect on the results?

Top Bottom