Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Blood donation

glass65

Donated blood today for the first time(whole blood). Getting ready to start my blast next week.

Hemoglobin count 18.8 was just below the cut off so thankfully I was able to donate. The girl asked me if I eat a lot of protein. I said yes LOL. She said she see people come in that say they eat a lot of protein and a high hemoglobin count lol.

Anyway I plan on donating every two months now. My question is will this donation keep my hemoglobin numbers in a safe zone until my next donation time? Even with my up and coming blast? Thanks..

brother high hemoglobin are no laughing matter.. it is a tell tale sign of poor heart health. the lady doesn't know anything about nutrition but listen closely to what she said "i see people come in all the time who eat a lot of protein with high hemoglobin"

she hit on something interesting. the american diet is too much meat and dairy and not enough fruits/veggies. this is one of the reasons we have sky high heart disease, diabetes, and obesity.

you don't need to consume a lot of protein to build muscle. that is a myth that needs to die. in your case it is obvious you are consuming too much. i would do something about that and not ignore blood work.. and the most silly part of this debate (which meat eaters always want to come at me with) is that people who eat a lot of meat aren't even eating the nutritious part of the animal.. unless you are eating the bone marrow, organs, and skin you are throwing away the nutritious parts. animals in the wild eat the organs first thing and go after the blood. they don't just eat the muscle and leave the rest SMH.. before you say steve doesn't know what he is talking about THINK about that

a lot of people do over consume protein... of course you need it but some of the amounts i see taken in are insane... vegetables especially are far too often overlooked... i literally have 8-10 servings of vegetables per day

Giving blood is probably the easiest thing you can do to lower hematocrit levels

Top Bottom