Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

biggest newb question yet

sigweed

Hey, i did a search for this but way too many offtopic things came up, so im just gonna ask
when i look at pictures of amps, it seems like there is liquid above the thin part in the neck where you break the amp. does this mean that you're going to spill no matter what?

No it doesn't. The pics are probably of the amps lying flat. If there is oil in the top part that wont come down, twist it in a spiral motion with your hand(hard to explain), you'll figure it out...

man im smart
yea im sure you're right... yea ill figure out how to open them. right now im just planning on running a knife around the periferal, then snapping it with a pen cap or my thumb.
thanks though

Also sometimes they get a bubble near the top which traps liquid in the neck. Just flick it with your finger a few times and the liquid will settle.

sigweed said:
man im smart
yea im sure you're right... yea ill figure out how to open them. right now im just planning on running a knife around the periferal, then snapping it with a pen cap or my thumb.
thanks though

You don't need to file the glass, but if it works for you go for it. I just double or triple up a paper towel in my right hand, hold the bottom of the amp with my left hand, and just snap off the top. Easy. :D

You don't need to file the glass, but if it works for you go for it. I just double or triple up a paper towel in my right hand, hold the bottom of the amp with my left hand, and just snap off the top. Easy.

yes you do...have you ever opened an amp that wasnt scored already.....not scoring it is and easy way to break the whole amp in your hand.

when there is a bubble in the neck of the amp i just hold on tightly and shake it until all the gear is out of the neck. you can also do the flicking method....but make sure you hold on to the amp tightly.

Top Bottom