Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

big error body fat estimation!!!

x_muscle

BF estimation!!!

hi guys
i just was wondering how do u guys measure your body fat percentage accurately?

im planning to buy a body fat caliper (skinfold) but after doing some research i found its not very accurate way to estimate body fat. the error percentage in readingis +/-3.5% to 4% .......that means my BF can be 10-6%....that’s a big difference.
it also requires precise and consistent technique; not accurate for very thin or very fat people; only measures fat under the skin; some caliper brands are unreliable; not an accurate estimate of actual % body fat; based on underwater weighing

:confused:

Last edited:
I wish the error was only +/-3.5% to 4%! The last two times I had mine checked, it showed I was above 35% fat. Since when the light is right you can see my abs, I know that isn't true.

MsBeverlyHills

how much it coasts, and did u try it ??

it sounds very accurate......they are scheduling appointment in my town, i may give it a try

zoom said:
I wish the error was only +/-3.5% to 4%! The last two times I had mine checked, it showed I was above 35% fat. Since when the light is right you can see my abs, I know that isn't true.

Someone doesn't know shit about what they're doing, then.

MsBeverly, that getdunked thing sounds great. I just can't take a trip across country to test my fat. I wonder if FL has something like that. I'm sure they do, just have to start looking.

Jumpman

I have some "click" calipers, that supposedly tell you the right amount of pressure to go by an audible clicking noise. I went to a health fair with my Mom (nurse) to get a free BF% check. the chaeck at the fair was 1.5% lower than my click calipers. The only thing is I cant do a measurement on my back so I had to teach the wife how to use and read them...I feel pretty confident in the accuracy.

Top Bottom