Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Drink To Pack On Solid Mass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys missing the fact that he is doing some weird cycle that does not include Test and he is wondering how to gain mass?????? I use cheap ass whey protein and a high protein diet like many others here. Which protein shake is rather minuscule in the whole scheme of things.

Last edited:
Nelson Montana said:
Silent: I know you're just chomping at the bit trying toput me down, but don't make a fool of yourself. Apparently my knowledge of exercise phisiology is good enough for Powerlfting Champ Dennis Weiss, and for Mr. Universe Dave Draper and Exercise authority Lou Shuler. Hey, I admit, there no Silent Method, but they aint bad. Oh yeah, there are also the thousands of people who've benefited from my programs. Guess they don't count either.
:) You're just going to name drop on this one? Too funny.

Lets get straight just what are we arguing here. I do believe that high glycemic carbs should be consumed in strict moderation under normal conditions. I also believe that the phsiological conditions that exist after intense bouts of exercise (the parameters of which differ among type and duration of exercise) create a window of opportunity to take advantage of the proporties of high glycemic carbs. (If you, anyone you'd like to name, or anybody on this board would like further explination of why, I'll be happy to provide it.)

Look bro, higher glycemic carbs have an advantage lower glycemic carbs for post-exercise recovery - period. Are they absolutely necessary in order for one to meet particular goals? Of course not. Can they help serve as an advantage getting there? Hell yeah.

(BTW, I have no idea about the positions of the other two, but big Dave, although he does not utilize high GI post-exercise meals himself, understands that they have there place in the post-exercise tool bag.)

One: I dont like to name drop, but when a nobody know it all throws insults my way, showing who agrees with my work nicely puts things in perspective.

Two: I say you're full of shit.

Now...

Show me one reference that proves a high gycemic drink post workout grows more muscle than not taking in a high glycemic drink.

And don't post some bullshit about carbs replenishing glycogen storage. We all knew that before you were alive. Prove to me exactly how and why it grows more muscle. I'll be waiting.

Getting back to the man's question, that particular products you're using really stinks. I know because I was dumb enough to buy it once. Notice it has beef protein in it (i.e. ground cast away cow parts from god-knows-what cattle source -- like a mad cow soup for ya). Also, the first ingredient (and labels list the biggest ingredient first in US) is sugar (dextrin), check yourself. You are drinking $40 sugar water. Also, I used to have 5 shakes a day and couldn't break 200 (I had weighed 260 before but high bodyfat. I mean since I attained low bodyfat, I couldn't break 200 at 5'10"). So I am actually off cycle now, so I decided to eat. Just graze, graze, graze. For example, I had a boiled egg to start this post, a little spagghetti 15 min later, now just got some cottage cheese. Later on, some nuts, some milk. Just keep grazing all day long on high protein FOOD. I have broken 200 today, off cycle with FOOD. Eat -- it's cheap, natural, and the stores never run out of food. If you must know, I drink 2 shakes now/ day (Myoplex deluxe), I'm gaining much, much better. Eat up buddy, f*ck the scam shakes. (If you can't eat any more, fire up some weed and eat again :) ) Anabolic as hell -- grazing -- just look at cows - they're huge.

Nelson Montana said:
One: I dont like to name drop, but when a nobody know it all throws insults my way, showing who agrees with my work nicely puts things in perspective.

Now...

Show me one reference that proves a high gycemic drink post workout grows more muscle than not taking in a high glycemic drink.

And don't post some bullshit about carbs replenishing glycogen storage. We all knew that before you were alive. Prove to me exactly how and why it grows more muscle. I'll be waiting.

OH, THE IRONY. How many times have we asked YOU to back your theories up with studies? Anyways, its pretty simple. Insulin shuttles nutrients to muscle cells, and they're especially in need of it after workout. It just so happens that high glycemic carbs will raise insulin levels the highest to do just that, do you really need a STUDY to prove this?

Nelson Montana said:
Nelson, you are the very essence of a nobody know it all. You are also the first to start with the personal insults.

Just what is "your work" regarding the effects of carbohydrate types on a post-exercise human model? I am convinced that 10% of your "work" involves reading what others have stated, forming a conclusion, and writing them out. The other 90% is spent convincing yourself that those others actually learned from and agree with YOU.

Nelson Montana said:
I'm fine with that. I say again, you have a limited understanding of exercise physiology in this matter.

Nelson Montana said:
Now...

Show you a reference? Go to the library.

#1. If you cannot understand how "some bullshit about carbs replenishing glycogen storage" relates to athletic advantage, your comprehension of this subject is lower than I had guessed.

(BTW, the rapid glycogen replinishing proporties of high GI carbs taken post-exercise are great - but in truth, this effect is a low priority in regard to anaerobic exercise. Post-anaerobic exercise glycogen levels return to near baseline within a matter of hours with a normal diet (50% or more carbs, normal meal schedule) anyway.)

#2. While you are at the library, look up:
-Anabolism vs catabolism, and the hormones involved in the physiology of each.
- Catecholamine response to exercise.
- Insulin response to carbohydrate, and the influence of glycemic index.
- Post-exercise response to high GI carbohydrate.

Here are some hints.

*Exercise elicits a catecholamine response. (Fact. Look it up yourself.)
*Catecholamines elicit a catabolic response. (Fact. Look it up yourself.)
*Intense bouts of exercise elicit a catabolic response. (Fact. Look it up yourself.)

*Carbohydrate elicits an insulin response. (Fact. Look it up yourself.)
*Insulin elicits an anabolic/anti-catabolic response. (Fact. Look it up yourself.)
*High GI carbohydrate elicits a greater insulin response more rapidly than low GI carbohydrate. (Fact. Look it up yourself.)

*High GI carbohydrate consumed post-exercise elicits a greater, more rapid anabolic/anti-catabolic effect than low GI carbohydrate. (Fact. Look it up yourself.)

While this does follow a simple pattern of deductive reasoning, it is more than that. It has been researched, observed, and validated every step of the way. If you cannot find the references supporting these facts your either not looking, or you don't know how to look.

poantrex said:

OH, THE IRONY. How many times have we asked YOU to back your theories up with studies? Anyways, its pretty simple. Insulin shuttles nutrients to muscle cells, and they're especially in need of it after workout. It just so happens that high glycemic carbs will raise insulin levels the highest to do just that, do you really need a STUDY to prove this?

OH YES, IT'S VERY IRONIC! It shows how utterly clueless you, and Silent and jubel and the like are. You offer NOTHING but criticism, but when the tables are turned, you cry "foul."

You're always barking for references and SM has been doing so in a disparaging manner -- as if taking shots at me is somehow acceptable. Well, where's the proof big guy? Where are those studies that you love so much? Since you insist I present references to back up every other sentance I write it's only fair that you present just ONE.

I know I shouldn't even be arguing with these idiots, but I'm human, and every now and then I get fed up with people who just want to break balls and have to show them for the bullshitters they really are.

And poantrex, I realize you're a little dense but read slowly. I never said suger doesn't raise insulin. You're apparently too dim to understand my original question. I asked for the proof that a post workout high GI shake has been proven to build more muscle.

So Silent Method, where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom