Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Drink To Pack On Solid Mass

Status
Not open for further replies.
never treid n large before but I agree on milk. It adds protein and carbs and is an easy way to add cals. I dont know how great liquid cals(mass gainers) are for bulking anyway bc I would think that those mass gainers have a tendency to turn to fat quicker than whole foods which need to be digested thus using up a few more calories.

Are you looking for meal supplementation or post-exercise recovery drinks?

Most "mass gainers" you will find are simply combinations of very high glycemic carbohydrates, protein, and maybe some fat. Quite frankly, they suck for so called "meal replacement." Eat them frequently and they will pack on the same kind of mass as load of sugar cookies and milk.

If you are looking for a good post-exercise recovery/anabolism stimulatory drink, many of these mass gainers fit the bill quite nicely.

If you are looking for what the current science says is the most optimal post-exercise recovery drink, shoot for something that has a 4 to 1 ratio of high glycemic carbohydrate to high BV protein. A good combo would be maltodextrin (which has the ability to rapidly restore muscle glycogen during post-exercise conditions without throwing out exessive free radicals) and a quality whey such as hydrolized whey, ion exchange, or CFM.

For a recreational athlete, 100 grams of maltodextrin and 25 grams of a good whey fit the bill nicely. For an advanced athlete engaged in high intensity training, double those numbers for 200 grams of maltodextrin and *50 grams of protein.

*Please note that 50 grams of protein as prescribed here WILL NOT be fully absorbed UNLESS a hydrolized whey is used.

Small amounts of fat may be used, but don't go overboard as they will slow the absorption of both the carbohydrate and protein - both of which your body will attempt to absorb like a sponge post-exercise.

I think the notion that sugar is poison, except after a workout when it becomes something magical is all a bunch of baloney.

All eight gain is contingent on calories. Why add all that crap to a protein drink? Just eat more. Buy bland protin from PF for half the price and add Nestle's Quik, or if you prefer, Nestles' Quik sugar free. If you want more calories, just mix it with whole milk, or half and half or ice cream. It'll taste a lot better than N-large and it's a better quality protein.

weightgain shake

hey i read your guestion and I took Nlarge2 for a while and i put on 20 pounds in 4 weeks one shake as a meal replacement and one before bed it worked pretty well i also used creatine monohydrate and i ate around 3000 calories a day it really worked well for me

Nelson Montana said:
I think the notion that sugar is poison, except after a workout when it becomes something magical is all a bunch of baloney.
I think you have a very limited understanding of the physiology of exercise.

Re: weightgain shake

protobe said:
hey i read your guestion and I took Nlarge2 for a while and i put on 20 pounds in 4 weeks one shake as a meal replacement and one before bed it worked pretty well i also used creatine monohydrate and i ate around 3000 calories a day it really worked well for me
You're no Muscle Warrior.

Silent - for the post-workout drink, besides what you mentioned before - do you think adding Glucorell-R would be beneficial to maximize the glucogen replenishment or is it just a waste of $$ at that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom